9 | REMEDY THE SITUATION

[  hehehe the last chapter has almost a hundred comments and I love them all. I'm so obsessed with this book and love talking about it with you all  ]

✵︎

OW!

NORRINGTON STARED THROUGH HIS SPYGLASS, looking ahead at the cavern

NORRINGTON STARED THROUGH HIS SPYGLASS, looking ahead at the cavern. He was in a longboat with his fellow soldiers and Jack, on their way to save Will.

"I don't care for the situation," James voiced. "Any attempt to storm the cave could turn into an ambush."

"Not if you're the one doing the ambushing. I go in, I convince Barbossa to send his men out with their little boats. You and your mates return to the Dauntless and blast the bejesus out of them with your little cannons, eh. What do you have to lose?" Jack asked while slinging an arm over James' shoulder.

Norrington glared at him while shrugging his arm off. "Nothing I'd lament being rid of," thinking just of him.

"Now, to be quite honest with you, there's still a slight risk to those aboard the Dauntless, which includes the future Mrs. Commodore," Jack admitted.

"You'll not speak of Miss Knightly. You know nothing of her," he said stiffly, feeling jealous. He didn't know why he always felt so jealous of Jack Sparrow when he was the one Nerissa loved.

"Oh, I know plenty of her," Jack said with a mocking smirk on his face.

James didn't want to take the bait, but he couldn't help himself. "Is that so?"

"Let's just say should you find yourself finally kissing your bonnie lass, she'll likely be making some comparisons in her mind. Comparing a Commodore's lips to those of a pirate."

Fury overcame Norrington, who pulled out his sword, ready to kill Jack then and there. He knew none of his men would bat an eye. "You lie," he said, seething.

Jack smiled smugly. "Why don't you ask her yourself, mate?"

✵︎

Shortly after the longboat left, Elizabeth and Nerissa found themselves being forced into a cabin by Gillette and two other marines. They wouldn't let them worm their way free.

"Sorry, but it's for your own safety," Gillette told them.

"But wait! I don't care what James ordered," Nerissa said, beginning to worry now that James' life was relying on a plan made by Jack Sparrow. "I made a mistake. I have to tell him. The pirates, they're cursed. They cannot be killed."

Gillette just feigned concern. "Don't worry miss, he's already informed of that. A little mermaid flopped up on deck and told him the whole story."

He snickered with the other soldiers before shutting the door. Nerissa banged her fist against it as it was lost.