12 | I HATE YOU

WHAT HAPPENED TO SONG BIRD?

NERISSA WOKE FIRST, only to wish she hadn't

NERISSA WOKE FIRST, only to wish she hadn't. She and Will were both tied to long wooden poles by their hands and feet, hanging upside down.

"Son of a bitch," she cursed as they crossed a bridge, heading to the center of a village that was full of natives. But then her eyes went wide when she saw who was sitting on some kind of throne. "Son of a fucking bitch."

Jack was there, multiple eyes painted on his face. Everyone was looking at him like he was some kind of god or chief, which she couldn't believe. Her mouth was hanging open as Will slowly woke up as well.

"Jack?" he murmured tiredly before chuckling. "Jack Sparrow! I can honestly say I'm glad to see you."

Slowly, Jack got up from his throne and walked closer. Nerissa tilted her head, studying his odd behavior. Rather than speak, he just poked Will rudely.

"Jack," Nerissa spoke up, thinking something was wrong with him. "It's us. Nerissa Knightly and Will Turner."

Jack cut his eyes warily to her for a moment before turning to the natives, saying something in their native language, which they all repeated.

"Tell them to let us down!" Will demanded, struggling against his bonds.

Jack considered this before saying something again that they didn't understand. The first words that Nerissa did were, "Eensy-weensy." Then Jack knelt by Will's crotch, adding, "Eunuchy. Snip, snip."

Each of the islanders went wide eyed and repeated it. "Eunuchy."

"This is a fucking waste of time, Will," Nerissa spat, glaring at Jack as he walked past.

"Jack, the compass. That's all I need!" Will said, making Jack freeze. "Elizabeth is in danger. We were all arrested for trying to help you. She faces the gallows!"

Yet again, Jack addressed the natives in their language, ending with a, "Savvy?" and, "Mo-licky-licky," whatever that meant.

Then Jack said one more thing, pointing toward Nerissa. Whatever he said had the islanders looking at her in awe. But once he was finished, he bent beside Will and whispered in English.

"Save me."

The natives were still chanting as they took Will away, who continued to struggle. "Jack, what did you tell them? No! What about Elizabeth? Jack!"

Nerissa expected to be taken away with him, but to her surprise, two men came and cut the binds around her wrists and feet. She hit the ground hard with a thud, groaning as she landed on some rocks. Then she rolled over on her elbows and looked up at Jack, who'd taken his place back on the throne.

In response, Jack just patted the armrest of his throne, silently requesting she join him. She huffed but did so, walking slowly. Once she sat in the armrest, eyeing each of the natives, just waiting for them to attack, Jack wrapped an arm around her waist.