My mom's handbag

The city of Lusaka buzzed around you, oblivious to the storm brewing within your heart. You had made a grave mistake, one that would irrevocably alter the course of your family's life.

In the tapestry of your memory, the events unfolded like a tragic dance. Driven by desperation, you had reached into your mother's handbag, your fingers trembling as you extracted the crisp banknotes. It was money she had earned through tireless work, money upon which your family relied.

A sense of guilt gnawed at you as you pocketed the stolen funds. You had taken what wasn't yours, betraying the trust and love your mother had always shown you. Yet, at the time, the allure of the easy way out had been too tempting to resist.

With the stolen money in your possession, you indulged in a reckless spree. You bought trinkets and baubles, attempting to fill the empty void you felt deep within. But no amount of material possessions could extinguish the flames of guilt consuming you.

Days turned into nights as your secret ate away at you. The weight of your transgression burdened your shoulders, making it difficult to sleep or concentrate. You became withdrawn and irritable, your behavior a stark contrast to the once-vibrant child your mother had known.

The inevitable came crashing down one fateful night. Your mother, her voice trembling with anguish, confronted you about the missing money. Denial proved futile, and as the truth spilled from your lips, her face crumbled with both disappointment and despair.

In the aftermath, the repercussions were swift and unforgiving. Your mother had stolen the money from her workplace, an act that resulted in her immediate dismissal. The family's primary income was gone, and the specter of poverty loomed large.

Your father, once a proud and hardworking man, now struggled to find a decent job. Your siblings, their dreams and aspirations, were shattered. The stolen money had become a curse, plunging your family into an abyss of despair.

As the years passed, the weight of your guilt only grew heavier. You carried the knowledge of your actions like a leaden ball in your chest. The bond between you and your mother, once unbreakable, was now strained beyond repair.

You made countless attempts at redemption, but nothing seemed to make amends for the damage you had caused. Your mother, her heart hardened by years of pain, refused to forgive. Your siblings, once your closest confidants, now viewed you with a mixture of pity and contempt.

Your life spiraled into a downward trajectory. Depression and despair became your constant companions. The once-promising future you had envisioned for yourself evaporated into nothingness.

In the end, you became a ghost of your former self, a walking embodiment of a single, fateful mistake. The stolen money had cursed your life, forever robbing you of happiness, love, and the chance to make things right.