011

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬

ITADAKIMASU!” SEOAHN HAPPILY EXCLAIMED BEFORE gleefully slurping her noodles. She had decided to have lunch at a nearby restaurant before making her way to Ansan. Despite encountering Goo the previous day, she discreetly concealed her emotions and maintained a composed demeanor.

Engrossed in enjoying her meal, she stole a glance and found herself captivated by a pair of big, curious eyes looking her way. She couldn't help but offer a tender smile as the infant's curious gaze met hers.

Jang Hyun gently reprimanded, "YENA, it isn't polite to stare." Seoahn responded softly, understanding the innocence of a baby's actions. "It's alright, she's just a baby," she reassured, extending a finger towards Yena, who gleefully grasped it, giggling in delight.

It was indeed a coincidence that Jang Hyun and his daughter happened to be dining at the very location where Seoahn was seated.

Yena's gestures clearly shows her desire to be picked up, and Seoahn understood that. She gently picked up Yena from Jang Hyun's arms, skillfully holding her with ease. A fleeting thought crossed his mind, contemplating whether Seoahn would judge him if he revealed that Yena was his child. However, he quickly dismissed the idea ─ realizing that he shouldn't jump to conclusions without getting to know her better.

He took a deep breath and mustered the courage to reveal, "Yena is my child." He braced himself for a judgmental reaction, but Seoahn's reaction caught him off guard. Instead of any kind of judgment, Seoahn simply continued playing with Yena, as if the information he had shared didn't seem to faze her.

"She's beautiful." Was all she said.

Jang Hyun's smile widened as he rested his cheek against his knuckles, observing the two fondly. "Yeah, she is..." he affirmed, a tinge of melancholy in his voice. The sight of Yena's joy made Jang Hyun's heart swell, but it also brought a bittersweet realization──that Yena may have longed for a mother figure in her life, a sentiment that tugged at his heartstrings.

Seoahn willingly picked up the tab for Jang Hyun and Yena's meal, even as he repeatedly protested. Feeling thankful for her gesture, he invited her for a leisurely stroll at the park with his daughter.

It was odd how Yena had grown increasingly fond of Seoahn even though they've just met. However, Seoahn seemed to embrace the affection Yena displayed towards her, and she didn't appear to mind it at all.

With a warm smile, Seoahn cradled Yena in her arms, engaging in playful cooing. Jang Hyun observed the exchange between them silently from the sidelines. He had taken notice of Seoahn before, but they hadn't had a proper conversation up till now.

However, unlike her relationship with the other second-year students (like Jin Sung, Vasco, Bum Jae, and Ho Bin), Jang Hyun hadn't developed any close bond with her during their past interactions. It's probably now that he begin to understand why the other students hold her in such high regard.