Chapter-16

Hey guys, sorry for the delay!!!

I was not in my right mind.  I lost one of my close relatives to cancer. It was very very disheartening news for all of us. It took us time to come out of it, to accept the reality. We are doing well now, I am thankful to God to give us strength to go through all of it.
_____________________________________________

Vedika's POV

It's been a week since I arrived here in this new city. Today is the first day in my new office.

Life here is not as bad as I imagined earlier. This past week has been full of exploring and experiencing new things.

It was a little awkward with no women around me in that huge mansion, but somehow Uncle Rex and other staff members made me at ease.

I took a tour of the whole mansion in the first two days. It was much bigger than I expected.

On other days, i explored the local markets in the city. Solo mini-tours have their own charm. It has been refreshing to immerse myself in this new environment, despite the initial apprehension.

And i thoroughly enjoyed my alone time in another room. I made a good decision by moving.

Although Uncle Rex didn't approve of my move, he remained silent. He didn't comment on it, however his expressions conveyed disapproval.

And the main reason of my easy life in the past week was due to the fact that certain someone was surprisingly absent from my life.

I have not seen him after that night and too say, I am not at ease, it would be a lie.

But again, I cannot explicitly say he was absent, as he maybe not be present physically. But his presence was always there in the form of his daily texts.

It was suprising to see his message first thing in the morning.

It started with a simple text on the second day of his absence:

“Good Morning wife, I am out of town due to some urgent work. Wait for me!!!“

I was amazed by the message. It was like any other husband telling his wife about his whereabouts.

I ignored his message as I was not interested in knowing him or his location.

But it happened again on the third day.

“Good morning wife. Wait for me”

I rolled my eyes looking at his same message for the next four days. I was not waiting for him at all.

As I was thinking about him, I realised I didn't get his text today. I somehow got accustomed to these good morning messages from the past week that it felt odd as i didn't received it today.

As I was drifted to my thoughts, a chiming sound from my phone distracted me.

I immediately checked my phone, only to be disappointed as it was a spam message.

I kept my phone in the bag to keep my thoughts on track, without my unnecesary distraction.

But, somehow, a small part of my subconscious mind was asking the reason for not getting any message today.