Chapter 16

Billie heard the basement door lock again which probably meant she was stuck in the basement for the night. "JESSE NO PLEASE ITS COLD!" She screamed beating on the door. He didn't come back though. She sighed in defeat before going back down the stairs. The basement was so cold and there were no blankets in sight. The bondage bed even had nothing to offer to keep her warm. She didn't know what time it was but it felt late. She knew he wasn't coming back for her so she got onto the cold bed. She wondered what he was doing? If he was planing to hurt her and make her suffer for what she just did. Another tear fell down her cheek. He was such a scary intimidating man and he already proved to her he would hurt her if she pushed him to that point. She curled up trying to stay warm. She was so drained and exhausted that she quickly fell asleep despite being freezing cold.

Jesse was still completely pissed off. The fact that she even lied about Braxton taking her virginity made him so angry that he punched a hole in the wall. He regretted it after but he was just so furious. He wanted Billie to like him so badly, he really loved her even though he hurt her. He realized if Billie was ever going to love him he would have to stop being such an asshole and actually care for her. After ten minutes he finally calmed down and decided to go get his sweet Billie. He quietly went into the basement seeing her curled up on the bed. He looked at her for a moment seeing bruises and marks all over her body. His heart shattered. "Fuck" he curses quietly. He never wanted to do that to her. He never wanted her delicate skin covered in marks and bruises. He carefully leaned down and picked her up holding her against his chest. She somehow stayed asleep he figured it was probably because she felt so exhausted. He carried her back upstairs to his room immediately putting her under the blankets. Her skin was ice cold. He kissed her cheek softly then caressed it with his thumb just admiring her beauty. He felt terrible about everything he has done to his beautiful fragile assistant. She had every right to hate him.

"I promise I'll do better my sweet Billie, I won't hurt you anymore" he whispers. He finally got in bed beside her gently wrapping her in his warm embrace. He kissed her a few more times before falling asleep. The next morning Billie woke up shocked by her surroundings, she wasn't in his basement on the cold bondage bed. She looked over to see Jesse sound asleep. She didn't know what came over her but she immediately hugged him which was enough to wake him up. "Are you ok?" He asks groggily. She didn't want admit how sexy his morning voice was. She nodded her head yes. He pulled her even closer and began caressing her back. She was very relaxed and calm which shocked her, she typically felt very on edge around him, afraid he would hurt her. "It's early sweetheart why don't you go back to sleep" he says softly. "I'm c-cold" she trembles. He quickly grabbed another blanket and covered her up before kissing the top of her head. "Get some more rest" he whispers still caressing her back. It didn't take her long fall back asleep. 

It was heavenly holding her close while she slept soundly. He wished it could be like this all the time. It could be if she agreed to marry him and completely forget about Braxton. But he knew that wouldn't happen, Billie would never want to marry the man who took and abused her. It broke his heart knowing he fucked up everything but he had no one to blame but himself. About an hour passes and Billie is still sound asleep he decided to go make breakfast for them. He carefully pulled himself away from her hoping not to wake her. All she did was turn over resituating herself. He smiled at her in awe before quietly leaving the bedroom. He wanted today to be all about getting to know Billie. Once breakfast was finished he brought their plates upstairs. "Sweet Billie it's time for breakfast" he says softly putting the plates on his dresser. She didn't move. He smirks before going over to the bed and kissing all over her face. She stirred a little stretching her entire body. "Did you sleep well?" He asks. She nodded her head yes. He smiled before grabbing their plates. Everything looked delicious and she was starving. She sat up before he put the plate on her lap.

"Are we eating in your bed?" She asks. "Yep" he replies. She said nothing else and began eating the delicious breakfast. It was silent for a few minutes but he finally spoke. "Tell me about yourself" he says. She was shocked that he wanted to know about her. "W-What do you want to know?" She asks. "Everything, tell me all about you" he says. "W-Well I grew up in Los Angeles with my mom, dad, and brother. I had a happy childhood full of love and music. We never had much money but my parents did everything they could for us. I danced, sang in choir, and even rode horses. But it all came to an end when I got an injury during dance. After that I gave up on everything and became depressed. Life sucked after that so I finally decided instead of continuing to be miserable to get a job. I wanted money so I could eventually move. Finally after a few years I saved enough to move to New York. I loved it and finally became happy again. Things got even better when you gave me my job. I was beyond grateful for that" she explains. He loved listening to her it felt so intimate.

"Do you still sing?" He asks. "Not really sometimes in the shower" she says. He smiled at her before continuing to eat. "You do realize if you would've just asked me on a date I would've said yes" she says randomly. He looked at her confused. "I really liked you Jesse and I wanted to get to know you, Braxton was only a fling and honestly I did it hoping to make you jealous. But you never seemed to notice me" she admits feeling a little ashamed. His eyes widened. This whole time she liked him. He was angry and confused. "Why didn't you say something?" He asks. "Because I wanted you to make the first move, I'm a shy quiet girl I don't like being in control of situations" she explains. He felt so guilty. "Do you still like me?" He asks. She sighs "I don't know, what you've done is really unforgivable and I no longer want to be with you but I know I don't have a choice" she says sadly. He had to fix this he had to make this right. "You're free Billie you can leave and tell everybody everything. I'll go to jail for this. I love you and I'm sorry""R-Really?" She asks. "Yes just please don't hate me" he says. She put her plate to the side before getting up. "You mean it? This isn't some sick idea of yours to hurt me?" "Go Billie" he says. She immediately ran out of her prison going as fast as possible and not looking back.