CHAPTER 98

Emperor Yu Qian first gave the palace maid by his side before a look and a slight nod, then he said ,"Yun xiaojie's body isn't well, quickly rise, come have a seat."

As if she was in a furnace, Yun Qian Meng felt like she was burning from head to foot. Even the palace maid who was supporting her could feel the heat from her body through her clothes.

When she heard Emperor Yu Qian's words, Yun Qian Meng knocked her head against the floor one more time before rising up weakly. She had not expected that the moment she rose, the world around her would start spinning, causing her to nearly tumble which worried quite a few people. Qu Fei Qing almost left her position to go help her.

"Quickly help Yun xiaojie sit." When the Empress Dowager saw Yun Qian Meng about to lose her dignity in front of all these people, her expression suddenly sank so she had quickly ordered the two palace maids to get her seated.

Yun Qian Meng was smiling beneath the gauze, mischievously holding her tongue. Still, she knitted her brows in consternation, who knew that Xiao Nie daifu would be so cruel as to give her such strong drugs. Luckily, she had taken good care of her body these past few months. If it were the old Yun Qian Meng, she would have not been able to resist the potency of this drug.

Stiff from her illness she discontentedly sat down and felt from all around the feelings of friendliness, worry, envy, ridicule, along with a few other looks. But even in the grip of illness and with her body so weak, Yun Qian Meng did not lose her unflustered and calm demeanor. The people who saw her face could not help but wonder how she could sit so calmly in her seat without the least bit of nerves and helplessness.

"Yun xiaojie has only caught a mere cold, why is it necessary to hide your face? Isn't this showing disrespect to the envoys from Northern Qi?" She had just sat down when she heard Qi Jing Xuan asking severely. Separated as she was from view because of the gauze, Yun Qian Meng could still feel Qi Jing Xuan's fierce gaze directed at her.

"Yun Qian Meng is sick and might defile the Emperor, Empress Dowager, and all the honored guests' eyes." The reply was weak and feeble, and came in between panting breaths. The sound of it was from someone who was obviously ill. This made Rong Yun He's expression become worried, the creases in between his brows became very evident as he shot Qi Jing Xuan a pointed look.

"Since Yun xiaojie was invited to the Palace, everybody naturally does not care about such trifles. I still ask Yun xiaojie to show her face, so as not slight the honored guests." Even Qi Jing Han had spoke up. He had endured some hardship at Yun Qian Meng's hands so he naturally held resentment towards her.

Other people did not know, but Qi Jing Han was fully aware that Yun Qian Meng practiced martial arts. He did not believe that a person like her could become so weak just from a simple cold so he would not back out until he saw her face.

Qi Jing Han's words made Yun Qian Meng's lips behind the gauze screen curve into a sneer. She replied delicately and in a frail manner, "Tenth Prince's words aren't wrong, but the daughters of Western Chu care about their appearances. If one were to show a sickly face to other people, not only would it be disrespectful to the guests, it would also damage her own reputation. Tenth Prince is a respectable and honorable prince of the Northern Qi; naturally, you must understand the importance of reputation to a lady. You actually be thinking of damaging a person's reputation deliberately."

Even though Yun Qian Meng's voice was weak her words were completely clear. Not only was she refusing Qi Jing Han's demands, she was also putting a dunce cap on his head.