Kuebiko

3 months later

I'm riding my horse out from a canyon. I began this daily ritual after returning from the Capitol. It helped calm me, and eased my mind. After the disaster of Snow's execution I left. I couldn't take it there anymore. I needed to go home. 

Finnick's funeral was held nearly a week later. It had been a tough day for me. It was a small service, despite the amount of people who felt grief over his death. But the funeral was kept to close family and friends, mainly including the survivors of the games and the squad. Cressida, Pollux, Gale, Zach, Beetee, Johanna and President Paylor. 

They came to respect his memory.

 Katniss was locked away. Peeta unknown. Haymitch somewhere in Capitol advocating for Katniss's release. 

After his funeral I headed back to 10. I visited my brother and my mother's grave, as well as Rain. I told them what had happened. How all the oppressors were gone. How we were finally free. 

My father reappeared a week later. Rebels from 13 had tried to get him out before the Capitol took him. But failed. He had been in hiding underground sense Katniss broke the arena. He told me he had watched my wedding. He said he had a lot of time to think while in hiding. 

He told me of an idea he had. 

I agreed to it and we began working on it that day. We were going to turn an abandoned building into a museum. A museum that would pay tribute to every lost child in the games. All the way from the 1st to the 74th. Zach provided as much information as he could and I provided some as well. 

The rest of the district provided the rest. We got photos of each tribute, their name and age. One's with parents still alive or ones I had mentored even got a section about their life and how they died. 

As victors, our section in the museum highlighted more than just the times in the games. It highlighted what Snow had done to us. 

So we could never forgot where we came from. So we can remember why we rebelled. And why we never will hold another Hunger Games again. 

The museum was a hit in the district as well as all Panem. People would come to visit to see it. Even other districts had started to do the same thing. 

We would never forget the lives that were lost. 

1,744 children were killed because of the games. And they all would be remembered and honored. 

I rode back to the farm. I left Victor Village and moved back to my old home. So had my father. I didn't want to live there anymore. I wanted to be where I grew up. Where I got to be me. Before the games messed me up. 

When I arrived back I saw someone waiting for me. I hopped off my horse and practically ran to him. I embraced him in a tight hug. 

"I thought you said you wanted to go on a vacation?" I said pulling back. 

Zach shrugged. "I'd miss you too much." 

I let a small smile cross my face. We turned and looked out into the distance of my farm. Over the fields and at the great canyons and rocks just beyond it. District 10 was truly beautiful. 

"I was thinking of moving somewhere new." I say. Zach glances at me a bit surprised. This is where Jase was buried, he didn't think I would ever leave him behind. But my dad would be here to watch over him. It was time to let go. "I think it's time to start somewhere new. I just can't stay here with all the memories. I need to go. I want to move past everything that's happened and try to find true peace."