Chapter 11

Blakes POV

Tonight, was my conference introducing our new medicine. I woke up feeling adrenaline course through me. I spent the rest of the day looking through all the reports and going through the presentation. After showering I put on my suit and went downstairs to wait for my sibling and parents. Soon everyone walked into the living room. "You look beautiful mom" I say kissing my mom on her cheek. "Hey that's my job" my dad whines. I let out a deep chuckle looking at my dad who was now pouting. My mom kissed my dad making us kids groan. "Ew get a room guys" my sister jade says rolling her eyes. I looked at my parents and I wish I have a love like theirs. I couldn't help but think of ivy but shook my head. We all got into the limousine and the driver made his way to the conference. The conference hall was full when we arrived and a small smile made its way to my face.

I make my way to the stage and take the microphone "Thank you for attending" I say. "So today it is my pleasure to announce our new medication that is in development. Introducing CYRAMZA injection" I start and talk about the injection. After I had done, I walked over to my table. "I'm so proud of you my clever boy" my mom says in tears as she pulled me into a hug. "Thank you, mom" I say and hug her back. My dad patted me on the back and we toom our seats and ate.

"Good evening, Mr Carter" I heard someone say making me look up. I saw a man stood there but the person that caught my eyes was the beauty stood next to him. I looked down and saw them holding hands. It took everything in me not to pull them apart and beat this dude to a pulp. I shook my head before looking back over at the man. "Good evening, Mr..." I trailed off not knowing who this man was. "Oh sorry, Ethan Johnson, CEO of Johnsons Tech and this is my girlfriend Ivy Miller" he says. I felt a pang of hurt in my heart as he said girlfriend. "Yeah, I already know ivy" I say hiding the hurt in my voice and sat down on my chair turning my back to them. I didn't want to see them anymore and I didn't want anyone to see the hurt in my eyes. After they left my mom came and sat next to me. "I know how you're feeling son" she says looking at me sympathetically. "I don't know what the feeling is mom but I want her to be mine, but I've lost her" I say. "don't give up hope son" she says hugging me. We soon left after speaking to some more people. Once we got home, I went to bed thinking about ivy. I can't wait to see her tomorrow. If I couldn't have her, I'd have to just admire her.

The next morning, I woke up and got ready. I made my way to the office and Stella my personal assistant came up to me. "Good morning, Mr Carter" she purred making mew roll my eyes. She handed me my coffee and I walked away from her. I really need a new personal assistant but I can't just get rid of Stella. I sigh. "I'm going to the laboratory, please let me know once Miss Miller and her team arrive". I walk down to the labs and put on my lab coat and goggles. An hour later Stella came down with Ivy and her team. I looked up once Stella called my name and fuck, the sight In front of me caused all my blood to rush to my dick. Fuck me. There Ivy stood in booty shorts and a sports bra and a white shirt. She looked so fucking sexy.