Chapter 6

Blake's POV

**Rewind to Friday night at the club***

"Bro you want to go to a club tonight" Finn asked me as he strolled into my office plopping down onto the chair opposite me. Before I could answer Sean opens the door and barges in. "yes bro lets get drunk" he shouts before launching himself into another chair and puts his feet on my desk.

I rolled my eyes at my two best friends before pushing Sean's leg off my desk. "Tell Luca and I'll meet you guys there" I say. They both nod and don't make any effort to move. "Come on you fuckers get out; I've actually got work to do" I grumble. Finn quickly stood up and said goodbye as he left pulling out his phone to text Luca our other best friend. "Sean" I growled. Seriously there's something wrong with this one. He stood up outing his hands in the air. "Ok, ok" he says backing out the door. "Do some work" I shout as he leaves which causes him to let out a sarcastic laugh making me chuckle.

I finished off some paperwork before heading downstairs to one of my labs. I put on a lab coat and my goggles and tested out some of our new formulas making adjustments as I went along. Call me a geek or a nerd but this is where I'm happy. I love everything to do with science.

A few hours later Steven our building security manager walked into the lab. "Sir, you've been here quite a while, don't you want to go home and rest" he says. I look at my watch and realise its 10pm. "yes I should be leaving, didn't realise the time Steven, thank you" I say as I walked out. I walk out to my car that was parked right in front of the building. Pulling out my phone I called Finn to see what club they were at. I arrived at the club and boy was the line long. I shook my head and walked to the front of the door. I didn't own the club but I did own the building. The bouncer nodded his head at me as I walked in. I walked over to the VIP section dodging all the girls that threw themselves at me.

I headed to the bar and ordered a whisky. I scanned the club and spotted Finn dancing with a guy, I'm happy he's happy. Then I saw Sean who was laughing and dancing with a blonde. Good on them. I scanned the room to see if I could see Luca. He was dancing with a brunette and they were grinding on each other. I couldn't see the girls face but good on him. I scanned the room again and drank my drink. When the girl Luca was dancing with turned around and walked away, I caught sight of her and fuck it was Ivy and fuck was she hot. I couldn't help stare at her before feeling anger that she was grinding on Luca. She headed towards the other side of the bar before making her way to a table where Finn and the guy where kissing.

I decided to walk up to them. "Get a room" I say making her eyes snap up to me and I caught her hazel eyes. I scanned her body up and down she looked so fucking sexy. ""Hello beautiful" I say making her blush. "Hello Mr Carter" she says. "Miss Miller" softly kissing the back of my hand. I pulled her chair closer to me making Finn look at the both of us "You look so fucking sexy beautiful" I whispered into her ear.

The blonde girl that was dancing with Sean came up to the table, I'm guessing they're friends. "Hi I'm Blake carter" I extend my hand out to the man next to Finn. "Hey I'm Oliver Wilson" he says and shakes my hand. "My boyfriend" Finn says taking Oliver's hand in his. "I'm happy for your bro" I say.

I turn my attention back to ivy and take her hands in mine and softly brushed her fingers with my thumb. "Get your hands off my boyfriend" I heard a familiar voice screech. Oh shit. She pulls our hands apart and I could tell she hurt ivy. "you whore, find your own man" she shouted and then sat in my lap. I pushed her off. "we're not together Ellie, apologise to ivy now" I say furiously. She's pissing me off. "That's not what you said 2 days ago when you were moaning my name babe" she shouted back at me. Oh, fuck this is bad. "Ivy I..." I started to explain as she cut me off. "Oli, can we go home" she says and he nods and the two of them alongside the blonde girl Luna left.

I messed up bad. I brushed my fingers through my hair, I'm such a fucking idiot. I go back to the bar and order drink after drink.

The next morning***

I groaned as I opened my eyes the sun streaming through the window. I looked to the side and I wasn't in my bed. I turn around and Ellie was wrapped in the sheets. Oh, fuck I slept with her again. I climb out of bed and put my clothes back on. I look for my car keys before walking to the hotel door. "Blake" Ellie says from bed. Oh crap! I turn to look at her and she sits up in bed. Ellie's been my on and off girlfriend since college. We dated for 2 years before we didn't make sense and didn't work but the sex was great and we continued hooking up. But ever since I've met ivy, I feel something else. Ivy is sexy as fuck but I feel more than just lust. I didn't know how to explain it but it was something I hadn't experienced before.

I looked back over at Ellie and sighed. "Look Ellie, we're not together, I don't love you" I say. "But Blake, I love you" she says on the verge of the tears. I shook my head. "Look I have to go right now" I say. I reached out for the door handle "could we meet up and talk maybe on Tuesday" she says and I nod before I walk out. I walk back across the street where the club was and saw my car and climbed in before driving home.

Once I got home, I showered and then made my way to the office and continued working. Yes, I also work on the weekend.