Chapter 17

2 weeks later

Today my parents were coming back from their holiday. I had started on the interiors in Blakes house and we were a couple more hours away from completing. Blake stayed over every night the past 2 weeks and he took Jake to the gym. He got along with my sibling s and they all adored him. He had just left for work this morning and I was making lunch ready for my parents when they get back. A few minutes after I had finished cooking the front door opened. "we're back" I heard my moms voice and the four of us ran towards the front door to my parents and ran up to hug them.

My mom and dad's laughter filled the house. "I guess you all missed us" he says and we all nodded in agreement. "I made lunch" I say and they all followed me into the kitchen. We were eating lunch when my parents asked what we had been up to during the two weeks. I told them I had started at the carter residence. Hallie told them that Blake had offered her a job in his company in the finance department. Lottie told my parents about her exams and her shopping trips and Jake told them that he was hitting the gym with kyle and Blake. "It sounds like Blake has made an impact on you guys during these two weeks" my mom says.

After we ate, I left to go to Blake's house to do the finishing touches. When I walked in his sister jade and mom Millie were sat on the couch. "Ivy, you've done an amazing job" they say smiling warmly at me. "Hello, thank you so much" I say. "Blake got caught in a meeting and won't be here to see the finishing touches so we thought we would come and give you company" Millie says ands I nod. "Is there anything we can do to help" jade asks and I nod "you can help me place all the accent pieces" I say and they both nod and follow me. 3 hours later we were done. I had out company photographer come in and take pictures of the completed rooms for my portfolio. Millie, Jade and I walked through the house admiring each and every room. After we were done, we left and I drove home.

That evening Blake messaged me

Blake: hello beautiful

Ivy: hey babes, how was your meeting

Blake: it was ok, just long. Literally just finished now, going home now

Ivy: oh awhh. Make sure you get plenty of rest. Are you going to your new house or parents?

Blake: to mine, I can't wait to see the finished look

Ivy: I'm so excited for you to see it

Blake: do you want me to pick you up, you can sleep over.

Ivy: one minute, let me ask my parents since they only came back today x

Blake: okay beautiful

I left my phone on the bed before I walked into my parents' room. "Hey princess" my dad says. "hey" I reply and sit on the bed next to them. "Is it ok if I go over to Blakes tonight, I know you've only just got back" I say and they both nodded "have fun princess, stay safe" my dad says and I quickly kiss them both on their cheeks and go back to my room and pick up my phone

Ivy: hey, could you pick me up please

Blake: of course, beautiful, I'll be there in 15 minutes

Ivy: drive safe x

Blake: before I forget can you let your parents and siblings know they're invited to my house warming tomorrow evening beautiful

Ivy: yes, will do x

I quickly pack an overnight bag before I walk back into my parent's room and told them about the house warming.

Blake arrived a few minutes and we walked out to his car. "Are you excited babe" I ask and he nodded. A couple minutes later we arrived at his house. Every time I saw his house, I was amazed at how huge it was. Blake laughed at my reaction. "Come on beautiful, let's go inside, I want you to take me on the grand tour" he says and I nod and walk in front of him. The security guards greeted us and we walked inside.