Chapter 12

Ivy's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I didn't feel well but I need to go to Carter Inc. today for the first day of interiors. I was excited, I always am when it comes to interior designing and I'm so grateful I can do something I love every day.

I drag myself out of bed and pop 2 aspirins in my mouth. I shower and go to my closet to find something. I felt so hot and clammy. I threw on some cycling shorts and a sports bra and threw on an oversized white shirt. I rooted through my shoes and found my white new balance and a black cap.

I looked and felt like trash but ended up grabbing my bag, phone and car keys and got into my Lamborghini urus

I looked and felt like trash but ended up grabbing my bag, phone and car keys and got into my Lamborghini urus. I drove to Jamba juice and order a Coco whip strawberry blueberry waffle bowl for myself and a ginger shot. I sat down on a table and ate my breakfast whilst scrolling through Instagram.

After I finished eating, I ordered a variety of different smoothies for the staff and paid the cashier before making my way to the car. I pulled up outside Carter Inc. and Leah greeted me at the car. "Good morning ivy" she says. "Good morning, Leah, could you help me carry these smoothies inside and help yourself" I say to her and she nods. As we walked in Leah and I settled the drinks onto the counter. "Good afternoon, I'm Mr carters assistant Stella" a young blonde with a face full of makeup and a very short dress that barely reached past her butt says as she walks in. "hello, I'm ivy miller, this is my assistant Leah Moore, my head designers Gabriel Hall and Gracie Jones" I say. "I also bought Jamba juice for everyone, please help yourself" I say and smile at her.

"Ivy" I heard my name being called. I turned to see Sean walking towards me with a smile on his face. I waved at him and sent him a smile back. "Hey Sean" I say as he approached me. "How are thing going with Luna" I say wiggling my eyebrows suggestively at him. Luna and I had a long catch-up and she told me they had gone on quite a few dates and she was falling for him. I saw Sean blush and I let out a little laugh. "I'm taking Luna and Lucy out for ice cream tonight, I can't wait" he says excitedly. "Awwhh I'm happy for the three of you" I smile at him.

"Mr Carter is in the laboratory so I'll take you down there now" his assistant says. I follow them downstairs to the basement. Stella called Blakes name and he turned around. I clenched my legs together at the sight of him. He looked so sexy with his lab coat and goggles on. I bit my bottom lip and looked him up and down. "Mr Carter, the interior team has arrived" Stella says and walks towards Blake and touches his shoulder. That small gesture made me feel jealous. I shook my head. No Ivy we can't be jealous, he's not mine, he has a girlfriend. I say to myself. Blake was looking me up and down and suddenly I felt conscious. I looked down at my outfit and regret my outfit choice. Blake and Sean were in their suits and I was stood here in athletic wear. "Erm, are we ok to begin" I say and Blake nodded at me taking of his lab coat and putting his suit jacket back on. "Mr Carter your tie is crooked" Stella giggles and steps towards him to fix his tie and rests her hand on his chest. I look away and Sean notices the hurt and jealousy on my face. I quickly sent him a small smile and walked towards my assistant and team. Sean led us back upstairs and Stella and Blake followed. "I bought Jamba juice for everyone" I say and nod over to the drinks on the desk.

I took my cap off and pulled my hair into a messy bun on top of my head. The delivery trucks and the movers had arrived and after having their juices we got to work. Sean and Blake also helped us even though I protested but they didn't listen. A few hours after hard work Sean grumbled and lay down on the floor. "I'm so tired" he whined. I laugh and extend my hand out for him to take so I could pull him up. He took it and I pulled him up so he was sitting. Blake was still moving things around with Gabriel and I stopped to look at him, he looked so good and I could see his muscles flex as he moved. Sean coughed beside me and I turned to look at him and he was smirking. "what" I ask. He chuckled "oh nothing" he says and stood up and walked away. 15 minutes later he returned with Luca and Finn who were carrying boxes of pizza in their hands. "Food is here baby" Sean shouted as he walked in. They settle the pizza down and we all sat on the floor. Finn gave me a hug "you look fucking sexy girl" he squealed. "Awwhh thankyou Finn" I smile at him "how's everything going with Oli" I ask. Finn instantly has a giant smile on his face. "Amazing, but I miss him" he says looking sad. "Awwhh don't worry he will be back from Vegas in a few days" I say. "Hello sexy mama" Luca says in my ear making me let out a loud laugh. "Hey Luca" I say. He hands me a pizza slice and I thank him and give him a side hug. I look up and see that Blake is staring at me but he doesn't look happy, there a slight anger in his eyes. Luca pulls me into his side and I heard Blake scoff, he threw his pizza back in the box and stormed off. Sean, Finn and Luca looked at me. "Ivy could you please bring him back" Sean says and I look at him confused. Stella stood up "I'll go check on Mr Carter" she says and reapplies her lip gloss. "Stella babes you stay with me" Luca says winking at her and making her blush.

I stand up and walk in the direction Blake went. Blake was sat on the floor against the wall with his legs stretched out in front of him. He was staring out the windows and didn't hear me walk in. I let out a small cough and he turned his head to look at me. "hey" I whisper. "hey" he says and turns his attention back to the window. I walk closer and sit down beside him our legs slightly touching. "Blake are you ok" I ask quietly. He nodded but didn't look at me. We sat in silence and he lay his head on my shoulder. It was a comfortable silence. A few minutes later his phone buzzed. He stood up and stretched his hand out to me. "Come on they're waiting for us" he says. I took his hand trying to ignore the tingles that chorused my body. We walk back into the other room and I see that everyone had started moving things around and bringing in new items.

"Hey guys" I heard someone say as they walked in and I saw the girl from the club and the restaurant, Blake's girlfriend. "What are you doing here Ellie" Blake says. "Just thought I'd come have a sneak peek" she giggled. "Sorry I have to go, urgent business" I say quietly to Sean who nodded. Blake noticed me gathering my stuff ready to leave. "Ivy-" he starts but I didn't catch the rest as I had already walked out of the office and to my car. I drove home feeling exhausted and slept the rest of the day.

The next morning, I woke up and didn't feel like getting out of bed. I pulled out my phone to text Leah

Ivy: Good morning, Leah, I don't feel well so won't be in today x

Leah: Good Morning Ivy, feel better soon boss, if you need anything let me know x

Ivy: Thankyou Leah, could you please keep me updated on the progress at the carter office today x

Leah: sure x

Ivy: Thankyou x

I put my phone back onto my night stand and fell asleep again still; feeling exhausted. That day my mom and I had a movie marathon. We watched all of the hunger games and ate popcorn and drank soda.