initiation

She poured out a glass of wine and passed it over to him.

He took a quick sip before giving her a blinding smile.

He really needed to stop doing that.

"So what do you want to know?" He asked.

"Your name, maybe? I think that would be a fantastic start." Agent Do Hana asked.

He quickly detached his name tag from his pocket and slid it across the table for her to look at.

The key tag was standard. On the top, it said Yung Industries with a photo of him and his name directly under it.

She scanned his picture carefully. He looked extremely young in the photo, barely 18 she assumed. She guessed that's when he became an official agent, a surprise to her because she hadn't become one until she was 19. He had a crooked smile, but his eyes showed a certain level of determination. She remembered her eyes looking like that once too.

As she followed down, she saw the name, So Mun listed in bold letters.

She quickly passed him back the key tag, but as she looked up, she saw that he had been watching her.

His eyes bore into hers in a way that made her nervous. Almost like he could read her thoughts.

"How old are you, Agent So?" She asked.

"20 years old. You're 22, I believe Agent Do?" He responded.

She should be surprised he knew her age and her name, but she wasn't.

"You're the agent sent to help us on our mission, right?" She stated, confident in her deduction.

All So Mun did was give her that same smile with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Right as always, Agent Do. I've heard how intelligent you are, I'm not surprised you figured it out." He exclaimed.

"No need for the flattery, Agent So. Or flirting. Just tell me what I need to know, and you can be on your way." Hana responded while taking a look at his halfway-empty glass of wine.

"Oh, you must be mistaken. The future husband comment was not my attempt at flirting." So Mun laughed.

She hated that the thought crossed her mind, but his laugh was so pleasing.

A light sound that reverberated in her chest.

He looked at her with a knowing grin, again as if he could read her mind.

"Then, what was it?" She asked, curious.

"You remember the mission that Agent Jang was on recently before he passed away?" So Mun asked softly.

All she could do was nod.

"Well, he was investigating a married couple who operated a drug cartel under the disguise of an environmental protection agency. I have reason to believe that Agent Jang was killed off by assassins who work under their company. Our role is to go undercover as a married couple who is interested in supplying the drugs to a new location. We'll enter their good graces by being avid environmentalists and gain their trust. Our goal is to gather information about their crimes to send it to the police and have them shut down and arrested." So Mun explained.

"Is this a joint operation? Or am I to work with you alone?" Hana asked.

"I will be working with you and your Counter team on this mission. It seems that since Agent Jung's unfortunate passing and the addition of a new member, you might need some extra help." So Mun said.

Agent Do Hana was part of an elite group in Yung's organization called the Counters.

This was a group of some of the best agents who also had elite specialty skills. The team consisted of herself, Agent Ga Motak, Agent Chu Mae-ok, and newly-Agent Na Jeok-bong.