rescue

He had never run faster than he did at that moment.

His legs had started yelling at him to stop, but he couldn't.

He had to make sure she was okay.

As Agents, especially when working in teams, it was important to establish dead drops.

These were either specific phrases or locations that one could communicate with other Agents that could only be understood by them.

Right around the time Agent Do had placed a tracker on him, she had also forced him to make a dead drop with her.

The phrase they had chosen was "Two birds, one stone."

That was their red flag that signaled that one of them was in danger and needed help.

So, the fact that Agent Do had messaged him at 3 am their dead drop phase terrified him.

Once he made it to her apartment, he quickly tried for the doorknob.

The door immediately opened, and he searched for the light switch.

That's when he saw the mess.

As he walked in, he found all her shoes in a disarray.

The floor had shards of what seemed to be a decor item and blood.

Too much blood.

With a final glance, he found Agent Do's phone on the ground, still on the messages tab.

She was gone.

Someone had taken her.

He tried to think logically.

If someone random had found her identity, she would have easily been able to knock them out.

This had to be an assassin. Which ultimately means that Mr. Han knows the truth.

He knows their identity, which means he kidnapped Agent Do. For what reason he wasn't sure. All he knew was that she wasn't dead. He wouldn't kill her until he figured out who they worked for and why they were after him.

His breaths faltered. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to control his breathing.

Focus, So Mun.

He tried to ignore his wandering thoughts.

He had no idea where Agent Do was located, so there was no way to find her right now. He had to go back to Yung and explain what he had found and tell the Counters that Agent Do was kidnapped.

That was the best course of action to ensure success. To ensure Agent Do's safety.

But it didn't feel right.

All he wanted to do right now was curl into a ball.

Another person was taken from him.

He couldn't help but feel cursed. That everything he touches withers.

He couldn't afford to waste time though.

He couldn't break down. Not now.

With that, his eyes opened, and he walked out of the apartment.

Unable to look at the destruction that lay behind him.

~~~~~~

She woke up to a throbbing pain in her head.

Her vision was still spotty, but she could see the faint outline of columns surrounding her.

The noises of bustling city crowds could still be heard in the background.