aftermath

Perhaps he was a little petty.

But he feels like he has a right to be.

It had been over 3 weeks since Mr. Han, Ms. Seong, Mr. Pyo, and Ms. Song had been arrested.

They had been awaiting the trials to determine their sentences for the crimes they had committed.

Finally, today was the day.

All of the Counters had donned their most court-presentable outfits and drove there together.

Being at the trials was wholly unnecessary, but they all decided it would be good for them.

More specifically, good for Hana and Mun.

So, they had found two seats in the front for both of them. The rest of the Counters sat near the back, providing them company but also giving them their space.

Yung had always been an extremely intensive place to work.

So right after they finished all the paperwork regarding the mission, they were all immediately put on new ones.

Hana had been complaining about how Yung had her working as a tail for a suspect in a criminal case.

Obviously, they had tried convincing her that with a broken arm, she should take some days off.

But Hana was nothing if not a diligent worker.

So, they essentially gave her the most mindless case.

Apparently, her days consisted of following the suspect as he drank his days away.

She had gotten so bored that she had ended up texting him while on the job.

He found it both hilarious and endearing.

Eventually, her arm had healed up and Yung had her back on the more exciting jobs.

While the other Counters were hard at work, he was relatively bored.

A day or two after the closing of their mission, the Yung officials had called him in.

At first, he was nervous that he was in trouble.

But that's when they told him about a new mission they wanted him on.

He was supposed to go back to Seoul tomorrow morning, and he still hadn't told Hana.

To make matters worse, he was supposed to be gone for around 2 months.

They had promised him that he could fully join the Counter team after the completion of this mission, meaning he wouldn't be sent across the country for long periods.

So, to say he was scared to tell her was an understatement.

He knew she would understand and be accepting, but the thought of leaving her for that long made him feel empty.

It would be the first time since they met that he was away from her.

He ignored the thought for now.

They had a trial to watch.

He leaned back in his seat and nervously shook his leg.

A bad habit he had gained from his paranoia as an Agent.

Hana noticed and put a gentle hand on his thigh.

Immediately, his leg stopped shaking.

He gave her a smile, which she returned with one of her own.

That's when the police officers brought out Mr. Han and Ms. Seong.

Since this case involved many people, the judge decided to group them together.