self-preservation

"Where did you get that idea from Agent?" Wigen asked in response to his lead.

"When Agent Do and I went to lunch, Mr. Han said that we could discuss this possible idea another time. Well, his voice went up slightly and his eyes twitched on the word possible. They're probably already in the process of transporting the drugs and he must have been surprised by us suggesting the same idea." Agent So explained carefully.

"What's the plan, ma'am?" Agent Ga questioned with both his hands placed firmly on the table.

"Well, we have to wait until Mr. Han reaches out again, so as of right now, just focus on training and going over the evidence you've already uncovered." Wigen said with a sigh.

"I heard that all of you haven't become proficient with guns. I would recommend working on that with Agent So soon. You all might have to interact with some dangerous people soon." Gi-ran said seriously.

"Agent So, you already know the code to the weaponry room and the shooting range, so you may take the others there." Jong-guk stated.

With that, the other Counters stood up from their seats as Agent So nodded.

Almost in a trance, he walked out of the room. Not even taking a second glance back at the Yung officials.

Hana noticed the matching expressions of concern on the Yung officials' faces, especially Wigen and U-sik.

Before she could leave the room, U-sik quickly grabbed her arm.

She turned to find U-sik's worry, causing his eyebrows to furrow.

"Be careful with Agent So today. He hates using guns, but he knows how important it is to train with them." U-sik explained softly.

She could tell U-sik and Agent So were close, but she didn't know how close they really were.

Agent So was like an older brother to U-sik. He was always there to help him train and support him when people were against him becoming a Yung official.

As a Yung official, he learned of Agent So's past when he turned 18.

He knew why Agent So was like this now. Always so careful. Always so distant.

He was trying to protect his heart from pain.

Agent Do replied with a quiet murmur of agreement.

With that, she left the office and prepared herself for training.

Agent So handed them all headphones to muffle the noise of the sharp gunshots they'd be listening to.

He led them to the weaponry room and handed them all a simple handheld pistol.

"Once you all become proficient with the pistol, we can move on to larger guns." He exclaimed, his voice completely devoid of emotion.

"Are you alright, Agent So?" Agent Chu asked with empathy all over her face.

Agent So looked at her for the first time all day.

"I'm fine, Agent Chu. You can call me by my name now. We'll be working together for a while." He responded, a small smile on his face.

Agent Chu went up to him and squeezed his shoulder in reassurement before leading the way out of the room to the shooting range.

Agent Do couldn't help but watch his body movements.

His posture was tense and almost rigid. He was either frustrated or reminiscing about something.

"I'm assuming you're psychoanalyzing me right now." Agent So exclaimed with an eyebrow raised at her.