Keeping This Pain 1

Hi everyoneeee! How are you? >w< I finally finished my studies and i have almost 3 months free so I hope I can write and draw more during this time hehehe. Btw here another multi chapter fic. It's based on your lie in april and i want to eat your pancreas so as that being said, there will be main character death and angst. So enjoy!

.

Summary: Kaito had told Aoko about his secret and their friendship was broken. Conan was the one who helped him fighting his darkness and during the black organization take down, Kaito got heavily injured when trying to save Conan.

Warning: Post-takedown, death main character, angst, hurt and comfort

.

"Kuroba, it's been days since you last talked," Kaito ignored him.

"The doctor said the therapy and rehab can help you so how about you give it a try? I'm sure you'll be better" This time Kaito clenched his bed sheet. He would be better. What a joke. Even the doctor wasn't sure if he could gain his old strength. How could he do magic if his both legs were not functioning properly? How could he became a magician if he was like this?

He wanted to laugh at his life right now.

"I-I know it's hard to accept it. I understand it but–!" And that's the last thing Shinichi said to him before he snapped and sat up.

"You understand nothing about how I'm feeling!" Kaito glared at Shinichi, ignoring his pain and laid down back.

Kaito turned his back to Shinichi and mumbled, "Just leave me alone."

Silence filled the room and Kaito wanted nothing other than Shinichi to leave him... like everyone else.

"Then, make me," Shinichi suddenly stated in a flat tone.

Kaito turned to look at Shinichi and wanted to yell at him again but Shinichi cut him off, "because the Kuroba Kaito I know would never be like this!!!"

Kaito was shocked at the sudden burst.

"The Kuroba Kaito I know is always childish and never gives up. He is always trying his best to find the solution no matter how hard the situation is. He always dreams weirdest things and never loses hope to achieve them. He always and always and always turns impossible to possible. He is a miracle himself," Shinichi looked up at him with such longing eyes, if Kaito should describe them.

"That is the Kuroba Kaito I know and right in front of me is nothing like that person," Kaito could just gap and stare at Shinichi.

Shinichi was right.

Kaito was always childish. He always dreamed of becoming a magician like his father. He always dreamed of catching the person who had killed his father after knowing his father's secrets. He always dreamed of making the best trick in the world until no one could recreate it.

And all of those were impossible.

Yet, he had achieved all of them now because he never gave up and didn't lose hope.

Because that was how he was.

Kuroba Kaito would always be childish, dreamed silly things and never gave up to achieve them.

And right now, the only dream he wanted to achieve was to make his own name and surpass his father.

"If you still stay like this, I think I would prefer the old Kuroba Kaito," Shinichi said and turned towards the door.

But Kaito needed support. The only supports he had was his mother, who was far away, Jii-chan, who deserved a break after years tracking Snake down, and of course-