Chapter 12: Demon Slayer

"The fuck?" Bakugo quickly managed to jump out of the way as a spider tried to climb on his leg and heard Uraraka shriek right next to him. "Calm down will you?!" he winced holding his right ear.

"I'm sorry." She whimpered fearfully looking around.

"It's fine. Just wonder where the hell Pikachu and everyone is." Tiredly sighing he did the same.

"No, I mean for before." She awkwardly cringed. "For the slap I mean. You just had a spider on you, so I wanted to slap it away."

"And that's how you chose to do it?" he spoke over his shoulder as they continued to walk through the forest to try and find the others although something was definitely off about this place. "By whacking me in the face and nearly giving me a concussion?"

"Oh, don't be so dramatic. It wasn't even like that." She quickly looked away when he swiftly turned to gawk at her like he didn't hear her right. "What?"

"Has anyone ever told you that you have a mean right hand?"

Pursing her lips she forced herself to look at his deadpanned expression.

"And what's with all this?" He raised his arm that she was still clutching onto for dear life as she continued to float. "Let go already you weirdo."

"EEP! S-sorry!" she quickly covered her blushing face and instantly began floating higher.

"Shit!" Yanking her back down by the end of her long black skirt before she went any higher, Bakugo was awfully glad she couldn't see his embarrassed red face right now. The damn thing was so long anyways that it wasn't even as if he could see anything, which was exactly what he told her when he saw her trying to frantically cover her bottom half.

"Still." She mumbled when she let him pull her back down.

"I already told you I didn't see anything, and besides it's not like I would see anything good either way."

"Hey!" She frowned in offense once she was finally at eye level with him. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." He gave a sideways smirk when she narrowed her brown eyes only inches from his face.

"No seriously, what do you mean?" She tilted her head when he tried to avoid staring at her directly, which only frustrated her more.

"Cheeks..." he pressed his lips together in a tight smile and made it a point to look anywhere but her once he realized two very distinguished parts painfully close to his face since she was still wearing the clothes they had bought back with the Black Bulls. He supposed that's what he got for teasing her a couple of minutes ago.

"Bakugo?"

"What?" He growled making sure to keep his eyes on hers and nothing else otherwise he knew he would lose his shit.

"What's wrong with you face?" she furrowed her brows in complete confusion when all that question seemed to do was make his face even redder. "Oh my gods did one of those spiders bite you?!"

"What-no!" He scoffed, blaming everything on his stupid hormones, and Uraraka and those things! "Let's just keep going!"

"Fine grump." Stinking out her tongue she waited for him to move but he didn't. When she saw he made no attempt to continue walking but instead just stared at her with an unreadable expression, she began to nervously look around to make sure none of those weird little spiders were around.

"Uraraka."

"Hmm?" Trying to look unbothered, she was hoping he'd buy it until he abruptly pulled her closer by her cloak barely an inch away from his face. All her senses were screaming at her at how close she was and couldn't help but shiver when his warm breath caressed her face.