16. last

Salish POV

Leo chuckled at that. "Do you really think that I would just work with you? That I would betray my friend and his friends. No, I wouldn't do that in my life. If you ask why I did it, the answer is simple. Unlike you, I protect the people I care about and I don't hurt them."  When he finished, my eyes widened. None of us expected this. Suddenly I heard sirens. Police sirens. wait what? I looked at NIdala and he just smiled at me. It dawned on me now. When I talked to Lee, he was hidden. He had the piece of paper with him and also his cell phone, so he called the police. Nick started to panic, but unfortunately for him, Leo held his hand so he wouldn't run away. Nidal was looking somewhere. I also turned around and saw Ben filming the whole thing. I'm glad we'll have evidence and I hope they don't put Leo in a mental hospital again. After that I decided to end it with Nick. "Yeah and Nick. I would like to officially inform you that I am breaking up with you. " I said rather harshly. Of course, no one expected that. Suddenly I saw the policemen coming towards us. It's finally over.

A MONTH LATER

It's been a month since this incident. The police initially did not believe much of the evidence. They kept saying that it was impossible, that it was false evidence, but in the end what surprised me a lot was that Nick confessed to everything. He even said where he imprisoned my parents. Of course, they immediately went there and seriously found my parents there, who were in a very bad condition, so they immediately took them to the hospital.  Then it was decided whether Leo would be locked up in a psychiatric hospital again or if he would return to his old ways. First, they did various tests on him. I have to point out that the examinations were done by special doctors who finally said that he was completely fine. For which I was very happy. Leo initially lived with Ben, but after two weeks he found an apartment. The apartment is on the other side of America, but despite that we still write and call each other. We became best friends. And you are probably asking what about me and Nidal? I started dating Nidal after a few days and we are a happy couple. I started to have a little more fun with Jane. She even promised me that she would watch out for Nidal when she was back in Texas. Nidal didn't like it much, but he can't do anything about it anyway.

He flies back tonight. It really bothers me that we live so far from each other. We're on the beach and fooling around like always. Suddenly someone grabs my hips and turns me around. Who else could it be but Nidal. We look into each other's eyes. There are so many feelings in his eyes. Joy, passion, but at the same time fear and sadness. I smiled at him and he at me. He slowly started to approach but kept looking into my eyes. Then I felt his lips on mine. It was a perfect feeling. His lips tasted like strawberries. After a while I broke our first kiss and we looked into each other's eyes again. "I love you" Nidal broke the silence. I started to blush." Me too" Our lips met again.

End

Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter of this story. I started writing a completely new book "under the blood moon" so please check it out and read it. You will not regret.
words.627