𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 - 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

'Have you seen the prophet?' asked Blaise as he threw the newspaper on Draco's desk.

Draco raised his eyebrows, he had just come in through the door, but apparently Blaise had been waiting for him, anxiously. He walked to his desk and sat down in his luxurious leather swivelling chair. A thought of Florence on her knees on the soft leather crossed his mind. Usually that would make him smirk, but now it almost felt dirty.

He grabbed the paper and wordlessly unfolded it to look at the main articles.

DEATH EATERS ON THE LOOSE.

THE MINISTRY HAS BEEN ATTACKED.

ARE WE ON THE DAWN OF WIZARDING WAR III?!

There was a large photo underneath it of an office that had been completely turned over. Draco knew whose office it was, it wouldn't take long either, before everyone knew whose office it was. On the floor was a photo frame that had a photo of Granger and Weasley on their wedding day. Blissfully smiling and doting on each other, for some reason it made him feel sick.

His eyes moved farther down to another article.

WAND FOR WAND FUNDRAISER APPEARS SUCCESSFUL.

FIFTY THOUSAND GALLEONS RAISED FOR WAR-STRUCK FAMILIES.

Those were a lot of Galleons. Draco now started to understand how they could raise the money to buy his building, if they proved to be the ones that stole it from him that is.

Darn goody-two-shoes.

'We'll need a meeting with Wand for Wand.' he said. Blaise was silent; he just casually sat there with one leg crossed over the other.

'I've made an appointment with a representative of the organisation, he's here in half an hour.' said Blaise. 'What happened to Granger?' he suddenly added, and Draco felt the blood drain from his face.

He cleared his throat. 'What do you mean?' he asked Blaise, trying to sound uninterested.

'That,' started Blaise as he pointed at the large photo 'is Granger's office.'

Draco coughed unconvincingly. 'Is it?' he said with an unfortunate high pitched voice. 'I hadn't noticed-'

Blaise gave him an annoyed look. 'Bollocks,' he said. 'I'm a hundred percent sure you've slept with her.'

Draco glared at his friend and clenched his jaw. 'I wouldn't touch a bloody hair on-'

'No you rather yank on it, wouldn't you?' answered Blaise smugly and Draco felt his cheeks getting hot.

'I would bloody never-'

'Stop.' demanded Blaise with a smirk. 'You can't fool me, I know you.'

Draco ran a hand through his hair. Apparently the jig was up and he sighed, which on the contrary, made Blaise grin victoriously.

'How many times?' asked Blaise.

'Doesn't matter.' mumbled Draco. He didn't want to talk about it, it wasn't Blaise's business either.

'If it doesn't matter, I know it apparently does in your book. That means it happened more than once.' pressed Blaise and Draco now felt the top of his ears getting hot too. His friend knew him too well.

'Twice.' lied Draco between gritted teeth.

'Twice?!' said Blaise incredulously. 'How long has this been going on? Was it since you took that-'