𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

'I WHAT?!' she said, turning around to face him. He smirked at her, her brown eyes were wide open and she looked horrified.

'I'm not sure what you actually did to it, but your half-kneazle made himself scarce.' he said. Granger blushed and he narrowed his eyes in amusement.

'I like it though.' he continued as his fingers grazed down her flushed cheek. 'Your sudden roughness and unpredictability. It's quite refreshing.'

'Oh sod off.' she said smacking his hand away and averting her eyes. She sat up in the bed, her knees up to her chest and sighed. 'It's been a while since.. I used to have.. nightmares.' she said hesitantly. 'They're always about the war.'

He placed an arm behind his head and stared at her beautifully tanned back. The sexy black laced straps of her bra made him want to rip it off.

Of course he wouldn't.

'Yes, I used to have them too.' he said with a sigh.

She curiously turned around and raised her eyebrows. 'Really?' she said, surprised.

'Don't be so sodding surprised Granger.' he scoffed with an eye roll. 'I've seen things that will never let you sleep again.'

'But you were on the other side, the enemy's-' she started as she narrowed her eyes on him. 'Surely it must be different-'

He squinted his eyes at her. 'War is war,' he said coldly. 'There's no glory in it. I didn't ask to be involved.'

'You didn't ask to be involved?' she said incredulously pointing an accusing finger. 'That's not even possible! You were about to murder Dumbledore, you deliberately let Death Eaters inside Hogwarts!'

He scoffed and got out of the bed, his lovely morning already spoiled. 'Granger, I don't want to talk about it.' he grumbled as he left her in the bed and walked out of the bedroom.

He frustratedly ran a hand through his hair. He wasn't going to explain what happened before and during the war. He thought she must've had an idea of his family situation, she had experienced it first-hand three years ago. Yes he had done despicable things, but she didn't need to know why. The same applied to why his mother died for instance, how she died and why his father was now in Azkaban, why he wasn't. Why he actually should be imprisoned instead of his father because his crimes were far worse.

The years during the war had been hell. In the end he didn't even want to fight, he was exhausted and tired. He was hoping that Potter would mercifully kill him, he hoped he would actually have the nerve to Avada him, so he could be done with all of it.

Was that cowardice? It might've been, but it was understandable.

He didn't really aim to kill either, his spells were aimed to distract, disarm and defend. He had given up, as he knew what was at stake should the Dark Lord lose. There had been signs that the Dark Lord had become unhealthy, Draco already suspected that he was dying. If the Dark Lord died, his mother would die too.

He groaned and closed his eyes for a moment to occlude his thoughts. He wanted to forget about it, it was no use digging up the past. The important thing was that he changed, he got a second chance in life, even if he knew deep down that he didn't deserve it.

Potter gave him that chance.

⪼⪼✦⪻⪻

She slipped into the living room like a frizzy haired ghost with curves to die for.

He was seated at the kitchen island, facing the living room. He was still annoyed and rested his head in his left hand, his elbow perched on the counter. With his right hand he was absentmindedly rimming his coffee cup with his index finger.