~~Chapter 5~~

~Chapter 5: It's Been Years! ~

Ash's pov:
--------------
I got out of the lake shaking my head to get as much excess water off. I walk over to my backpack and grab my phone checking the time. "Holy shit it's already 4pm" I yell my eyes widening on how much time we spent in the lake. "Come on guys we have to find a cave to spend the night in" I say returning them to their pokeballs. I pick up my clothes and put them back on not caring if the get wet because I have Charizard. I start walking with Pikachu and Vee following me. I look around for a cave to sleep in.

After an hour of searching each and every cave we finally found one that didn't have pokemon in it. I set my backpack down leaning it against the cave wall. I walk out of the cave and gather some sticks to start a fire with. Once I have enough I walk into the cave and place the sticks on the ground. I stack them ontop of each other and release Charizard. "He Char can you lit that please and don't burn them just a very small flame" I say taking my clothes back off to place by the fire to dry.

Once the fire is lit I pull out my sleeping bag and lay it near the fire. I grab some berries and start to eat them. I release the rest of my pokemon so they can sit by the fire with me. Lucario goes off to gather more sticks while Vee and Pikachu lay in my sleeping bag with me. About 10 minutes later Lucario comes back with a bunch of sticks. I gape at how much he brought. "Are we having a bonfire Lucario" I ask wondering why he collected so much. He shook his head and grunted putting more sticks in the fire.

We ended up roasting the marshmallows I had in my bag for dinner. Not that I'm complaining but I really need to get some proper food and cookware. By 8:15pm everyone was exhausted and asleep besides me and Vee. He gets up and lays in my lap curling up watching the flames flicker. I add enough sticks to last halfway through the night and laid back in my sleeping bag. It wasn't the most comfortable thing but it works for me. Charizard gets up and wraps his large frame around us surrounding us in heat. I eventually fell asleep from the warmth with Eevee and Pikachu curled up with me.

The next morning I woke up to Vee jumping off me apparently dodging a small flame from Charizard. While I was being burnt, Pikachu was also burnt. I backed away from him as quickly as I could. Charizard's eyes widen right before being electrocuted. "Haha now we're both fried" I say laughing and point at Charizard. He growls at me and turns around walking towards the cave entrance. "Wait Charizard let's pack up some things. Yeah" I say and get up. I walk over to my clothes making sure they're dry before putting them back on. Pikachu walks up to me dragging my backpack and I take it from him slinging it on my back. I return everyone to their pokeball except for Vee and of course Pikachu. They walk bye my side as we start heading back to the building. I didn't catch any pokemon but I had a fun time with my pokemon so I guess that's a win.

When we got back I decided to go get breakfast. I handed the safari worker my safari balls and walked to a local bar. I walk inside getting a few glances but everyone turns around. I sit at a booth, and Pikachu and Vee hopped up on the seat and sat right across from me. I ordered them pokefood and myself pancakes. Once we got our food we dug in and finished all of it around 15 minutes later. I grab my phone surprised to see it's only 9am. The waiter comes back with the check so I take it and walk up to the counter to pay.

After I pay we walk out and walk to the edge of town. I return Eevee and release Charizard. "Ready to fly us to Alola buddy" I ask him getting a grunt in response. I hop on his back adjusting my bag an making sure Pikachu won't blow away. He takes off eventually leveling out gliding through the air. "We have about 5 hours till we reach Alola" I yell to them hoping they heard me above the wind.
(Timeskip)....

We finally arrived at Alola and Charizard lands gracefully. Me and Pikachu on the other hand just gets thrown off once again. I sigh an get up returning Charizard so Pikachu doesn't electrocute him. I release Vee because Pikachu likes to play with him. "Alright guys let's head to the Professor's house" I say as we start walking. Eventually we came to a stop looking up at a big hill. Pikachu and I smirk looking at each other. Vee looks at us confused paws Pikachu. "Alright last one up is a rotten egg. On 3 ok Eevee can you say when" I say getting ready to run. Eevee nods and walks in front of us settling in the middle. I smirk at Pikachu knowing I'm damn well going to loose. Well thats what Pikachu thinks because I've practiced using my aura to boost my speed and it works well. "Ve Vee Eevee" Vee says jumping and landing.

Pikachu and I took off running up the hill. I notice him using extreme speed so I use my aura. My body glows a blue-green and I gain speed. I hear Vee catch up only a few feet behind. Once we're almost at the top Pikachu uses agility adding to his speed reaching the house first. Once I get to the house I fall on my back panting. I think I'm dying inside, and to make matters worse Pikachu jumps on my making any air I had leave my body.

"Get off of me you fat mouse" I say pushing him off inhaling the air. Once I regain my breath I point at him. "You cheater your only aloud to use 1 move" I say glaring at him. "Pika pi Pikachu pi" He exclaimes pointing at me. I understand him just fine but I think I'll tease him. "Sorry can't understand you maybe call back another time" I say and turn around. "Vee ve" We both look at Eevee who is now laughing at us and join in on the laughter.

Once we stop Pikachu and I run up to the door and knock real hard. Kukui opens up the door not looking at us talking to someone. We just stand there waiting for him to turn his head. I see Burnet walk into the door's pathway with a bowl. She drops the bowl on she sees me, and points at me. Kukui quickly turns his head to look. Once he sees me his eyes go wide. "Ash Ketchum. It's been years" He says with a soft smile.

~A/N- I almost forgot to finish this chapter and post it. I was focused on a book that I'm reading. Anyway I don't know if I'll be able to post tomorrow mostly because my boss has a sub-in and she's a bitch and I'm exhausted by the time I get home. Hope you enjoyed this chapter 😊. Till next chapter guys✌🏻😁