|Chapter 6|

~Two Hours Ago~

POV Mikey:

I'm stuck...

Trapped inside a Kraang facility.

Kraang droids surrounded every exit I planned for this mission, this whole mission was supposed to take less than an hour, instead, I've been stuck in the closet for half of that time.

Peaking through the crack of the door, I looked from one end of the hall to the other, watching as two droids sprinted towards the end of the hall, I waited, listening for any other droids and drones, but as they raced around the corner, I ran out of that storage closet. Running towards the other end of the hallway, I kept checking my pouch and holster, making sure everything especially my nun chucks was tucked tightly inside my holster, I needed a way out, but where. 

Racing down the hall, I turned down the next corner, and hid against the wall, "Continue what is known as the search for the turtle, the rest of the mutants we call the turtles must be around here somewhere!", the droids walked past the hall with their guns help close to their chest. I need to find a way out of this dimension, "Leatherhead has to be here somewhere?!", I whispered quietly as I continued my search, I checked every inch of this place, 'Maybe I'm in the wrong building?...", pulling out the small notepad, I stared at the long list of facilities, but as I stared at the first one, I couldn't cross it off, the facility was so large that only a third of it was seen from the outside, and I've barely scratched the surface.

Tucking the notepad back into the pouch, I peaked around the corner, and as I peaked around the corner a soldier caught sight of me, "Halt!", pushing off of the ball of my feet I sprinted down the hall, laser beams flying through the air passed me, and a single one grazed my skin, I looked at my arm. I watched as it bled, oozing down my arm, it hurt, I held onto my arm as I continued to sprint. Turning down the hallway, I called out into each cell as I checked each one, searching for Leatherhead, "Leatherhead...leatherhead!", I continued and continued, but as I checked every cell on the ground level, he was nowhere to be seen, 'He isn't here...maybe in the lab section!', sprinting towards the elevator, I jammed my finger into the button, smashing it over and over and over and over, my head switching back and forth at the button and the area around me, I could here their steps growing louder, I needed to go.

*Ding*

The doors slowly began opening but the moment a sliver of an opening appeared, I shoved the doors open wide, "SYSTEM STOP WHAT IS KNOWN AS THE ELEVA-", the doors closed before the droid could send in the order, I needed to find a way out, spamming all the buttons, I looked around the elevator and saw a emergency exit. Jumping towards the opening, I shoved the cover out of the way and climbed out of the elevator, placing the cover back where it was, looking up towards the top I noticed that there weren't that many floors above the ground floor, maybe just two, but I needed to check each one. Grabbing the large metal wire, I began climbing, but as I reached higher and higher, I realized it was taking me longer than usual.  Reaching for the ledge, I placed my arms on the edge and pried open the doors, the floor was quieter than the first, but I could still hear footsteps echoing across the walls. Pulling myself up to my feet, I stood up and began my search, I didn't want to be any longer, I wanted to go home, to be with my brothers...why didn't I just listen to them...why aren't they here yet?

Checking every door, I opened each one and peaked through the crack, seeing no sigh of Leatherhead, I called for him, my yells were quiet but loud enough for him to hear me, "Leatherhead! Leather-", I cracked open a door and saw something off yet so familiar, a kitchen. I never liked the idea of stealing from anyone no matter if they were evil or not, but in this moment in this dimension, I needed it more than the Kraang did, whether or not this food was stored for the prisoners inside this building. Opening my satchel, I grabbed anything that could last long that didn't need to be chilled, something simple that didn't need to be cooked, the options were limited, but I was still able to find food.