|Chapter 16|

~Six Weeks Later~

POV Mikey(2018):

'Why...', the others stared at the sky, watching the sky change colors as the explosion soared, all I could do was stare down at the ground, my arms pulled close to my side, my fist trembling, 'why would you do this...Leo', I tried to call out for him, wanting my brother to return home, but all that came from my mouth were pathetic sobs.

You are the most powerful mystic warrior the world has ever known

With those two hands, you sent me back in time

'That's right...', staring at my palms, I slowly lifted my hands out in front of me, and closed my eyes, trying so hard to imagine myself opening a portal, 'Come on Come on Come on!', as I tried even harder I groaned, trying so hard to do it, I needed to save him, I needed to save my brother. "Mikey, it's over...", I didn't give up, I couldn't now, 'How could you say that...it's not over yet, not until Leo comes home safe', the tears flowed even faster as I looked over my shoulder, "Leo never gave up on us, I'm not giving up on him", something was different, as I looked back in front of me, I felt this rush and power through my whole body, a crack formed in the air, I watched as it glowed a bright orange.

"Whoa! Whatever you're doing, don't stop!", the portal was opening, crack by crack, it opened up, but as I looked down at my arms, I saw the cracks, it hurt, my arms trembled as the portal opened wider and wider, but now wasn't the time to worry, I was so close, we're coming, Leo, were almost there, "We're here, Mikey. Together", the portal was so close to opening, but as the portal revealed the other side, my heart froze, "Is that...", I couldn't look away, Raph's red hand reached into the portal and grabbed the cloth we saw, pulling it straight towards ups, Donnie didn't take his hands off my shoulder as he leaned in closer to the portal, he was looking for him, 'Come on Leo where are you...'

"Guys...", I finally looked away and stared at the piece of fabric Raph grabbed, "Is that?-", my voice trembled as I stared at it, it was his mask, it no longer was its beautiful bright blue it was moments before, now...its was stained with different shades of brownish reds, "My system can't connect, th-there's no vitals...we didn't make it-"

"Guys look!", something happened with the portal, and as I looked back, I no longer saw the dimension from before, instead it showed a wasteland, and on the other side, was Leo. He was fighting a beast created by Kraang, but he looked so different, but it didn't matter, Leo was still alive, Raph reached into the portal once again, and grabbed Leo by his arm, with all his might Raph pulled him, but it was strange, as Raph pulled him towards us, he fought against the rescue. With the little strange Raph had left, he pulled one more time and finally pulled him all the way through, and the moment he was fully out from the portal, I closed it just before the Kraang beast ever got through.

'Leo!', as the portal fully closed, I turned back towards them, 'Leo's back!-', I wanted to hug him, no I wanted to punch him for that stupid idea, that stupid plan, but for now Leo was safe, Leo was home-, "Guys...this isn't our brother...", Donnie was right...all we saw was a version of Leo we never knew...and older Leo.

POV Leo:

*Ding*

"Order up!"

'How...how did I get here', all types of yokai walked around the crowded room, mutant families eating together, laughing together, but it was so weird, how did I get back here? 'The kids?!', I looked around the crowd as I called out for them, yelling for them, 'Jay is probably holding Krisa but where is he?', I pushed through the crowd, but something stopped me, holding me back. Raph looked just how I remembered him.