|Chapter 8|

~Four Months~

POV Leo:

'Ninty-seven...it took me four months to perfect ninety-seven characters in the damn Kraang alphabet. For the past few months, nothing much has happened, Angie, and yes I'm calling him that because calling him Mikey my brother's name feels...strange. I tried to think of some other nicknames, but every single on I thought about was a name that was given by me or the others, Michaelangelo, Mikey, Mike, Miguel,  Mikester, Big guy, Orange and I'm pretty sure I heard one of us call him Angelo at one point, so I decided to go with Angie. A few months ago, Angie made me my own Kraang suit, made especially from the bones  and flesh of dead Kraang, and... what I hated by far was the fact that he wrapped the tentacles around my arms, I kept wanting to take off all of this stuff, but he kept telling me that the suit had a purpose, but why do I have to wear a corpse as a hat'

'Yesterday, Venom taught us the last bit of the alphabet, thirty-two more characters...'

'Where are you guys...every single fucking night in this damn dimension I stay up, waiting for you guys, waiting for someone-, anyone to come find me, to open some sort of port home, but every single day ends with disappoints, day after day after day they still haven't come!... But I can't give up...not yet, I know they're coming, any second, minute, hour, day, week...they'll come to the rescue, and I'll be waiting here for them, no matter how long it takes I will wait for my family, but...what about Angie. He has been waiting inside this dimension, maybe it's just two week apart, but neither one of our brothers has come for us, and what makes it worse is that this dimension has a way in and out, meaning his brothers either have forgotten Angie, or their seriously taking their sweet ass time, either way, his brother sound far worse than mine, but...what if his brothers come and get him before mine do, I'll be alone again, left alone with the system and Venom, I don't want that again, but...'

'Venom and the system could have killed me when I was at my weakest, used me to do whatever they wanted, they could have made me work for the Kraang, yet they didn't instead they help me...maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it was just us three, maybe...the three of us can find a way home...'

"Alright. This is perfect for practice, this tree is made of a very explosive material, one that if a branch is broken off the entire tree will explode, however, there is a way to avoid this, in the Kraang dialect there is a character that is used for this, ò̶̮̅w̷͍̕͜m̶͂͜ ̵̝̀̑o̵̪͋w̴̮͐m̶̹̘̋, try it, but don't touch the tree! Let the crystal fall to you"

Walking closer to the tree, I watched as Angie ran off in the opposite direction, staring at the trees that surrounded the island, I looked up, the branch was so close, just a few feet away, "ō̴͇̋m̴̭͒̽ ̵͔̓ͅo̴̤̹͗m̶̼̅.", I stared at the rock, waiting for it to fall, to do anything, but nothing happened, 'Maybe I...said it wrong? Or maybe I pick it after-'

"If it does not fall when you say the noise, you did it wrong"

'Why is he yelling, the Kraang soldiers might hear us...plus Angie's right there?', I turned back towards the tree, I needed to remember the tone, the pitch, the way I did it first was too low it needed to be way higher in pitch plus I pronounced it wrong so..., "ò̶̮̅w̷͍̕͜m̶͂͜ ̵̝̀̑o̵̪͋w̴̮͐m̶̹̘̋.", the crystals shook, shaking around I stepped back, waiting for something, 'Shit did I do it wrong, it's gonna explode?!', I wanted to run away, I crossed my arms over my face and waited for the explosion, the result of my mistake to happen, but nothing happened. Opening my eyes, I looked back at the tree and saw something weird, the crystal was gone, 'Maybe it floated off somewhere?', so I checked, looking around in the air, I saw nothing floating around, and nothing on this island looked damaged, but when I looked down, a small rock laid there motionless, "Oh"