|Chapter 12|

~Nine Hours Later~

POV Leo:

I couldn't sleep much...

Staring down at the empty spot beside me, I could hear Krisa's coos as she played with my hand, she wanted my attention, she wanted me awake, but the more my heavy eyes stared at the empty spot, the more uneasy I felt. "Venom...", my voice was flat from the restless night, I heard him reply, I even noticed that the system was paying attention, "Where's Angie?", reaching for my satchel, I knew it was time for Krisa to eat, so I pulled out a good size fish and handed it to her. Watching her eat always made me uneasy, something the system never told me was the fact that snakes don't chew, and sadly for my heart, Krisa was one of those mutants. she always has the same routine every time, she'll make sure its dead by wrapping her tail around the dead animal and squeeze it, I also learned that she'll eat anything, no matter how big it is, she do her best, so for both our sakes, I give her food that have less of a chance of choking her.

"Mikey left two hours ago to search for his friend, Leatherhead"

"He must have left when I was passed out", pushing against my knees, I stood up and stretched, my arms shook as my yawn turned into a yell, god I hate mornings. "Alright, well until he gets back let's do some more practice, Venom what's the next lesson-, and don't say let's wait for him, I need something to do, so come on what's next", for some reason Venom was quieter today, but I didn't think much of it, Venom rarely acts likes this so maybe he was having an off day so I didn't bother him.

"Let's try some easy words, ummm...aw okay will do a few words you would use in day-to-day conversation, for this month: food and drinks! I'll start simple r̸͇͛e̸̻͆v̶͓̓i̷̯͗l̶͍̀ ̶̞̉ň̵͕ỏ̵̱g̶̱̊o̴̞̿r̴̈͜t̵̝͝à̵͉ḫ̷̉ţ̸̓a̵̘̽ạ̸̊r̵͓̄K̶̯̆ !"

Venom's head floated beside me, I was silent and turned towards him, my eye bag never felt so heavy as I stared at him.

"...If you wanted to know it means Kraathatrgon liver-"

"And when the hell will I ever use Space worm liver in a sentence?!-"

"Well if you actually said the word just now then literally just now!-"

"Shut up, give me something easier like-", looking around, I tried to think of something that would be easy, something I would use in any conversation, "-oh well for starters how do you even say food and drink?"

"Well food is d̸̡̡̂͠ò̶͕͜ỏ̴̡͙f̷̳͙̿̊, and drink is k̵̢̝̆n̶͙̿i̷͇̬̋̚r̶̔̂ͅd̴̼͇͋̾, now try..."

"d̸̟̑̒...t̴̯̎ǫ̶͕̀ơ̷͖f̴̟̈ ?"

"Close- well uhhhh not really, t̴̯̎ǫ̶͕̀ơ̷͖f̴̟̈ actually means foot, which isn't food, try saying d̸̟̑̒-"

---------------------------------------------

~Three Hours Later~

'So I practiced, after studying the hundred and thirty-something characters, learning the words was honestly the easy part. For three hours or until Krisa got bored of listening to me and Venom practice, I decided to give Krisa some attention, well as much attention you can give a one-month-old, she messed with my hands, we played peek-a-boo and normally after every meal...she fell asleep. Now the real issue at the moment is where she's sleeping, I've noticed that different places will determine how well she sleeps, the cushioned ground gives me twenty to thirty minutes, cushioned in my lap gives me thirty to thirty-five minutes, and her most favorite but the least conventional resting on my chest with her head resting over my heart...she will sleep for almost an hour like in that position'

'But during the night what helps her the best is when she curled up tightly and snuggled against my neck, moving constantly throughout the night, trying so hard to get comfortable...the system told me that based on some type of brain waves that she is having these strange nightmares, however, since neither Venom or the system don't have access to her, they have no way to determine what could possibly be giving her these nightmares. System has told me that the only thing I can do to help her is to comfort her and raise Krisa as my own child...my...child...'