Chapter 48 Unexpected Joy

Adishh's POV

Its been 1.5 years of our marriage, everything is as usual little fight, more love and sex. I have legal rights guys she is my wife, my love and vise versa.

It had been a regular, hectic day at the hospital, a blur of patient rounds and surgeries. My mind was preoccupied with the usual concerns of my profession when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Glancing at the screen, I saw it was a call from Adhya's junior, Gouri. My heart skipped a beat, sensing something was wrong.

"Dr. Adishh, Adhya fainted in the lab," Gouri's voice trembled on the other end. Without another thought, I sprinted towards the lab, my heart pounding in my chest.

When I reached, they had already shifted Adhya to another ward for testing. Anxiety clawed at my insides as I raced down the corridors, my thoughts a chaotic mess. Finally, I found her in a private room, lying on a bed, her face pale and streaked with tears. My heart broke at the sight.

"Adhya!" I rushed to her side, wiping away her tears and pulling her into a gentle embrace. "What happened? Are you hurt?"

She continued to cry, her sobs wracking her body. I held her tighter, my own fears mounting. "Adhya, please, talk to me."

Just then, the doctor walked in, a warm smile on her face. "Dr. Adishh, congratulations. You're going to be a father."

Her words didn't register at first, my mind still too busy with thoughts of Adhya. But when I finally understood what she'd said, I pulled her close, a mixture of elation and overwhelming relief. After a moment, the world stood still. I stared at the doctor, then back at Adhya, who was now crying even harder.   The doctor shook her head and quietly left the room, leaving us alone.

I lifted Adhya's tear-streaked face, searching her eyes for answers. "So, you were asking about children, weren't you?" she asked with a crying face, her cheeks flushed. "You didn't seem interested in having any, so..."

Adhya took a shaky breath, her hands clutching mine tightly. "Adi, I didn't expect this. We always talked about planning for the right time, and I thought we still had time."

I stared at her in disbelief, the reality of the situation slowly sinking in. "So, it's true? I'm going to be a father?"

She nodded, tears spilling down her cheeks. "But you said that your not ready for baby, but..." she stuttered.

I pressed my lips to hers, drowning out her words with a deep, passionate kiss. "It's okay, love. I'm happy. Really. Adhya, I've always wanted to have a baby. But you matter to me more. It's your decision, I thought you said what you did because our parents asked about a baby when we visited them."

"No, no, no, you know what I mean, you know what I mean. I was scared because we always talked about it but you said you don't want to have baby soon, so I thought..." she rambled.

I smiled, my heart swelling with love for her. "Look, I'm going to be a father, and it's the best feeling in the world. I've always wanted children, but I wasn't sure if you did too. I didn't want to pressure you into something that might make you uncomfortable."

"But now you're happy?"

I smiled broadly, my eyes brimming with tears. "I'm very happy."

I felt Adhya tense up, and she looked down at her belly. "We're really going to do this, right? Have a baby together?"

I laughed and nodded. "Yes, love. I don't know how or when, but we'll do it together. I love you."

"I love you too, Adi," she whispered.

She gave me a shy smile, and I pulled her closer, pressing my lips against her forehead.

I was beyond happy. I couldn't believe my baby is inside her belly. My wife is pregnant, and it's because of me. I'm so lucky to have her.