Part XIII & XIV

Scene XIII

Back in the yard office, the Railroad's Superintendent Richard Rasmussen, arrived at the dispatcher's office, where Joey was awaiting.

Joey: Come on in

Richard: Don't tell anyone about the Runaway, we don't want to panic the passengers, besides we got the company's reputation to uphold, what's the latest on that train?

Jeff: It went straight through the caboose at MP 166.8.

Richard (Sighing): Anyone hurt?

Joey: Nobody, what's the story of the engineer?

Richard: He had a heart attack, old fuck, he made everyone shit themselves to save that engine from going to shit. (Motions to Jeff) get that.

Jeff pulls an office chair.

Richard: What's the speed?

Joey: About 70.

Richard: Hey Joe, why don't you stop her? You Put the system in & save the company 3.7 Million.

Joey: Rich, this system was designed for the efficient dispatching of trains when they're manned, not to stop them when they're unmanned. The brakes shoes have burned off, the overspeed control must have gotten fucked up in the collision. But don't worry Rich, will do any means necessary to prevent other casualties.

Jeff: Joe, what about the Burns Creek Bridge?

Joe (looks at Jeff): Oh man, thank you for mentioning that, due to the speed the train is traveling, I'm unsure? (Sits his coffee cup aside & motions to Jeff) Hey Jeff, by the way, can you get us some coffee with milk & sugar?

Jeff: Sure thing (Picks up the cup)

Joe: we'll get everything out of the way & onto the sidings. Anything else on the Runaway.

Rich: Right now, it's just 4 Engines, no one on board, got it?

Joe: Got it, and you're saying derail her?

Rich: Yes you Son of a Bitch, derail her.

Joe: Alright then.

With that, they plan to derail the Runaway at MP 201.1 we're the Linville Subdivision splits off the rest of the mainline. But what dispatch didn't know was that there were people on board the Out of Control Beast.

Scene XIV (Soundtrack: Runaway Train OST/ Red for Danger)

The signalman, who's name was Raymond Lungren, at MP 201.1 was in his shack listening to the radio messages, when Joe's call came in.

Raymond (Picks up the phone): ray here.

Joe: Joey here, listen, there's an unmanned Runaway heading you way on Track 1, you have to line here into the siding, set your switch and wait until she passes. Superintendent Richard Rasmussen wants to derail her, you got that man, Superintendent Rasmussen.

Raymond (shocked): I'll be goddamned, that motherfucking dickhead.

He then sets the switch to send the Runaway onto the siding, but that soon changes when something unexpected happens. Something that the dispatch found out that sends chills up their backs.