Part XVIII

Meanwhile in the Dispatcher's office.

Joey [On the phone]: What about the hostler helper? a woman. (Jeff biting his nails in the background) does she know how to run a locomotive? Shit (Puts the phone up). The only person on the whole train is a woman, how lucky can I get?

Soon, a police sheriff came into the yard office & asked Lily to speak to Joey.

Lily: Hey Joey, the police sheriff is here & wants to see you.

Joey: Oh, the police are here.

Richard: Is this something about the Runaway?

Lily: I don't think so.

Joey: Okay, good tell him we'll see him later.

Rich: How far from the bridge, what's the ETA?

Jeff: 25 minutes

Joey, alarmed, sends the message to Burns Creek Station.

Joey: Burns Creek Station, Burns Creek Station

Burns Creek Station Dispatcher: Go ahead

Joey: This is Joseph Harwich of central Control, There's a Runaway heading your way & it's going over 80 mph.

Burns Creek Station: That's too fast for the bridge.

Joey: We know it's too fast, just have your fucking emergency crew together.

Burns Creek Station: Well Christ, can you even stop it.

Joey: Well we're going to stop this killer bitch of a locomotive, right. (Hangs up)

The Central Dispatch, frustrated, soon had to wait to see what happened next.