~ epilogue ~

Kiri and Kan were married buy a registrar in the grounds of their new home the following spring. Lon and Champ attended and so did the whole of the football team with their new player, a girl called Fai.

Lon had guarded the wedding bands with his life since that day last fall and when the time came he played his part as the best man wonderfully.

All their friends were present and Kiri had flown over nan and grandad Thiwat, Phak and Klem and Phak's mum too who was having such a great time since she discovered that she and Jack shared a common interest.

Klem got jealous because Phak got on well with Champ and Lon got jealous when he saw Champ flirting with Andy.

Sheila's mum was too poorly to attend but she sent her heartfelt greetings and even Pang had a huge basket of flowers delivered and wished the couple well.

Kiri had lived with Sheila and Sucharit in their cottage until the new house had been finished then he managed to talk his future in laws into letting Kan move in with him.

They were never separated again and Kan found himself falling into the position of Kiri's assistant considering they travelled everywhere together anyway, it made more sense to just work together and they found they worked well as a team.

Speaking of teams, Kan found he couldn't play football as much with the guys but they still allowed them on to the property to play football and the use of the shower rooms. Champ was left in charge to keep his eye on their home when they were away.

Sheila hired a young girl from the village to help her with the guests but when Kan was home, he would often pop round to join in.

Their one year anniversary was fast approaching when they both had to fly to Thailand on business. They stayed in Kiri's Bangkok apartment which he had kept for convenience and after a few day's when their business was completed Kiri told Kan he was taking him out for the day.

They set off in the car after purchasing snacks and drinks and after a couple of hours driving they approached an area that looked so familiar but Kan couldn't quite put his finger on it?

There was a beautiful property built from varnished timber and as they walked around the property, Kan noticed that it sat at the edge of a sandy beach where the stunning emerald waters of the Andaman sea lapped at it's shore.

He looked at the view, looked back at the house then looked at the view again and then he realized.

"happy anniversary darling" Kiri took him in his arms and kissed him.

"so you really bought the place?" Kan smiled at his husband.

"didn't I tell you I was going to buy it so we could remember where we had our first kiss?" Kiri said then continued "do you remember the times when I asked Lon to call you? it's because I was here and there was no signal yet"

"Kiri, I love you so much, thank you, it is beautiful" Kan said, "can we go inside the house?" he asked.

"it's all our's baby, we can do whatever we like" Kiri said as he took Kan's hand and walked towards the property. They didn't leave it for the remainder of their trip except to take walks up and down their beach or to sit beneath the palm trees and enjoy picnics of fruit, cheese and wine.

"I thank the heavens that Lon and I got lost the day I met you Kan, I love you more and more every day, I never want to be apart from you" Kiri said.

"you said I stank" Kan pouted.

"well, you did" Kiri laughed and Kan pouted some more.

"come on baby, don't pout" said Kiri kissing Kan's pout away before laying him down on the picnic rug and making hot, passionate love to him

forever and always,

~ The End ~

~ find Lon and Andy's story in Power and Principles ~