Cauda 22 - Parting of Minds

"I knew you had it in you."

Now Playing...

Artist: Maxodex

Song: Meadow Walk

The Carnival was a large group, consisting of people of all walks of life. In the days and weeks after Operation Teardown you learned what everyone intended to do with their money, plans for the future and where they were headed next.

This was a union unlike others and while some you would see again, others you knew you wouldn't. Regardless, everyone had their own paths to traverse. If you would ever cross paths again again...well only time could answer that.

Sitting in the airplane, Tabi next to you and the rest of Entity Records, you reflect on it. In no particular order you think on what happened to everyone.

Ace, RetroSpector and the Seven Deadly Sins

Ace and RetroSpector got back together. With the Seven Deadly Sins arrested and Psychic forcing them to reveal the heist it put them in a precarious position. Officially, Updike weaved it that they were a last minute addition to the Carnival and intended to rob the Family themselves.

In addition to the crimes committed during the fight with Psychic (property damage first and foremost), the police already had warrants for all the members. They were screwed.

The police were already down bad after being humiliated by the Carnival. They wanted a win and refused to let anyone from SDS walk.

Thanks to some negotiations between Ace, Retro, Updike, Displo and the interim police chief a deal was reached. In exchange for reduced sentences for all members, Retro gave up all of SDS hidden assets as well as other elements of the criminal underworld.

As part of the deal a promise was made that once out, they would not engage in such activities again.

Retro and the SDS members were given 2-year sentences and placed under TGG supervision for 1-year probation thereafter. Because of their unique abilities and intelligence they were sent to the TGG prison, though Updike stated they wouldn't get any special treatment.

Ace vowed to see Retro whenever he could, even going so far as to apply to TGG. Last you heard he was inducted as an archivist and looking into police corruption on the side. Pissed off at the cops for failing to find Retro and now targeting the gang he wanted his own revenge. You wished him the best of luck and, should he need any help to reach out.

Either way, SDS was done. You weren't as in touch with the criminal underworld anymore but with the Seven Deadly Sins eliminated too, massive changes would be coming. In SDS' place you learned a demon called Fever had shown up, forming his own crew in their place. From what you heard he was far more merciful and 'violent-avoidant' than the Family. Rosie vouched for him too.

The Andromedas & Entity Records

With the extra money and hype that Agoti was generating prior to the operation a tour was in order. Acting as their manager and parents, Solazar and Amora organized a worldwide tour, capitalizing on Agoti's music. Tabi was a big part of it too. After being out of the game for so long, Agoti announcing Tabi's return generated more excitement. Fans loved his new, dark appearance and together, with Agoti and Aldryx they formed a group. With one of the first stops in Apollo, Ayana and Dalia made an appearance, easily the most energetic people in the crowd.