Chapter 16

• ⏳ •

"Fuck," I muttered under my breath, staring out the window of my room in the palace.

We were supposed to go home earlier, but the wind suddenly picked up and large raindrops started pouring down.

So, the Queen spoke to our parents and suggested we stay at the palace while waiting for the rain to stop.

Anong waiting to stop? Hindi ako expert sa panahon, pero halata naman na matatagalan pa ang ulan na ito bago mawala. May bagyo pa nga yata, eh. May kasama pang kulog at kidlat.

I didn't mind the splashes of rain hitting my body, I just kept watching outside until I saw him.

Naglalakad ito na para bang wala sa sarili, under the pouring rain. Tila ba siya nasa ibang mundo, walang kamalay-malay sa paligid.

From the window of my room in the palace, I could see the path leading to the vast garden behind the palace.

I watched him, took a deep breath, and without hesitation, I threw the makeshift rope I had tied earlier down the window to climb down from the second floor.

The wind and rain lashed against me, but I ignored it, focused on reaching him.

Nang masigurado kong maayos lamang ang pagkakatali ko dito, kaagad na akong tumakbo at sinundan kung saan papunta ang lalaking iyon. Each step was hurried, the ground slippery and the cold rain biting into my skin.

As I got closer, my heart pounded faster. Puta namang ulan 'to!

I saw him, about to turn into the vast garden, so I rushed to catch up with him.

"Hey! Stop!" I shouted, but it seemed like he couldn't hear me. I moved faster, dodging the heavy rain that felt like sharp needles against my skin.

At kagaya ng nasa nobela, paghawak ko sa braso nito'y kaagad itong natumba.

Thankfully, I managed to catch him before he hit the wet ground. But he was heavy, and I ended up on my knees, struggling to hold him up. I could feel the weight of his body, the rhythm of his heartbeat, and each breath he takes.

"Izrael, please wake up," I whispered, hoping he could hear me despite being in such a deep sleep.

The cold rain continued to pour. I looked around desperately for shelter and managed to drag him under a large tree at the edge of the garden.

Dito, kahit papaano, ay protektado kami mula sa malakas na ulan.

"Archduke!" I shouted again, louder this time, hoping he would wake up. But he remained unconscious, trapped in a nightmare I couldn't reach.

Dahil sa inis ko, hindi ko na napigilan ang palad ko't sinampal ang pisngi nito. Sorry not sorry, Duke. This is the only way I can think of to wake you up. If you don't wake up from this slap, I don't know what else to do!

But my attempt to wake him up failed.

Kaya naman I just kept holding his hand, hoping he would feel my presence somehow.

"Your Grace! Archduke!"

Nilingon ko ang direksiyon kung saan ko narinig ang pamilyar na boses ni Astro.

Yes, the man who is now in my arms, sleeping, is none other than the villain himself, the Archduke of the North.

"Here! The Archduke is here. Please help!"

Astro immediately ran towards us, accompanied by a few knights- those personally trained and trusted by the Archduke for important matters. Of course, except for personal ones.