Reassurance

*DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN POKÉMON OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS*

Marina tried to apologize in the most subtle way possible to see if he did like her. "Is it because you're jealous of Lance being in my journal instead of YOU?" She asked Jimmy.

She didn't account for what could go wrong.

"I think I'll go back to New Bark town and visit my mom." Jimmy had said, frowning and sounding depressed.

"Oh, no. I've hurt him! What have I done? I don't even know how to apologize!" Marina thought to herself.

Before she knew it, she was watching him leave. He didn't even say bye to them. He didn't even want to have a battle with her the whole time he was there! Now that's when you know that something's wrong with Jimmy.

2 days later

Jimmy had gone to New bark town and visited his mom just like he said he would. Little did Marina know, he was planning to stay there.

"Mom? Are you home?" Jimmy said.

"Jimmy? Why are you here? Shouldn't you be on your journey?" His mom said, worrying about him.

"I... I don't want to talk about that right now. Maybe later." He replied, hoping she would forget about it.

"No! I am your mother and you will tell me what's wrong right now!" His mom replied, not forgetting about it like he planned.

"Well, mom. I didn't really want to talk about it, but I don't really have a motivation anymore." "My heart is broken, I hate Vincent, I'm jealous of guys in capes, and I envy Lance." He had continued in his mind.

"Really? What was your motivation in the first place? If you want to be better than Vincent, you'll have to train a lot harder than he does!" His mom said, thinking it was really about Marina.

"No mom, it's not about Vincent. I've already beaten him every single time he tried to battle me. It's... something else." He replied.

"Well, what is it?"

"Should I tell her? She is my mom and she has every right to know, but it is embarrassing and she might share it with her mom. I'll tell her."

"Mom... how do you know if you're in love?" He asked her, not knowing I'd she knew who it was.

"Well, son, Marina DOES like you back." Due to her son's shocked face, she added, "Yes, I know all about your crush on her and her mom told me all about her crush on you. We do know that Vincent is coming between you two, so... tell me what happened."

"Was I really that obvious? AND oblivious? No, Marina doesn't like me back. She never did and never will." He thought to himself. But he decided to tell her anyways.

He told her everything that happened.

"Well, son, when she showed you that book of Lance, it was to see if you would get jealous of him. I was her age once, I know why she did it. If I were you, I'd go find her and see if she'll accept an apology for you walking out on her like that." His mom told him.

"Alright, fine. But... I don't think it's going to be that easy as I DID walk out on her in the middle of a conversation and she IS a girl. This is going to be VERY complicated. What do you suggest, mom? Ummm..., mom?" Jimmy looks over to where his mom was standing just to see that she's gone to call Marina's mom.

"Mom, what are you doing? Don't tel Marina's mom!" Jimmy pleaded, but his pleads were of no us as she had already made up her mind.

"Oh, Cheryl! Guess who likes your daughter back? That's right! Jimmy actually DOES like your daughter back. Although he did just walk out on her in the middle of a conversation... without saying goodbye. She was too aggressive with trying to find out if he liked her." Jimmy's mom was saying to Cheryl, Marina's mom.

"Wow, mom. You NEVER cease to amaze me." Jimmy thought to himself.

Then, the next thing Jimmy knew, Marina's mom came barging into their house, but she looked happy because of something.

"Don't you worry, Jimmy! I will make sure you two get together! Mostly because I don't want Vincent or a guy in a cape to be with her. He deserves a guy like you, though! She even told me what you said about her even before you left New Bark town the first time!" Cheryl said.

"What?!?!?" Jimmy said, surprised about what Cheryl was about to say.

"She said, 'Jimmy thinks that it is my decision which guy I choose to go out with me, but I do not, as I have fallen for Jimmy.'" Cheryl said, reassuring Jimmy.

"She heard that?" He said, now surprised even more.

"Yes she did, so you've definitely got a chance with her over any other guy. Especially Vincent!"

"I guess I should go ask her out then." Then, he realized something.

"I should probably get going if I want to catch up to her! Bye mom, bye Cheryl. Thanks for reassuring me!"

"Don't worry about finding out where she is now. Just call me once you get to Cherrygrove town and I'll give you an update on where she is." Cheryl yelled to him.

That's when Jimmy saw the guy in the cape. A white one, not a red one, like Marina's idol, Lance.