The Eavesdropper.

*DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN POKÉMON OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS*

When they got back to the pokémon center, they remembered that they had to get to the next city or town before they could go on a date. Therefore, they packed up and decided to travel together.

"So which city's next, Jimmy?" Marina asked her new companion.

"We're going towards Violet City, Marina." Jimmy replied to his new travelling companion.

They were both so excited for their date that they decided to get there as fast as they can. They still had to camp out, though. To them, it wasn't all that bad since they got to look at the night sky together. They even shared a tent and slept together. (NO, THEY DIDN'T DO WHAT YOU GUYS AND YOUR DIRTY MINDS THOUGHT! YOU GUYS NEED TO GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF THAT STATE OF MIND!)

Then, when morning came, they immediately ran towards Violet City.

When they got there, Jimmy asked Marina to go get the key for their room. He also told her that she should get ready for lunch.

She knew he was calling someone, so she decided to get the key to their room, THEN eavesdrop on his conversation with whoever it was.

"Time to call Marina's mom and my mom and thank them." Jimmy thought to himself. He then dialed the number of his mom and told her the news.

"Hi, mom!" Jimmy said, not realizing Marina was eavesdropping on him.

"Well, sweety, you look awfully happy." His mom, Sasha, replied.

Jimmy replied, "That's because I am very happy!"

Sasha said, "Let me guess: you asked her out and she said yes?" "Please be the reason, please be the reason, PLEASE BE THE REASON!" Sasha thought to herself, wanting the best for her only child.

"Nope!" Jimmy replied, still looking happy.

At that moment, Marina felt heartbroken. The man of her dreams just said she wasn't the reason he was happy. She decided to keep listening to see what did make him happy.

Sasha, on the other hand, was puzzled. She asked, "Then what is making you happy?"

"I swear if it's a stupid reason, I will kill him until he's dead even in the afterlife." Marina thought to herself, not knowing that that was also what Sasha was thinking.

To that, Jimmy replied, "I caught a Beedril without having to battle it! It's all thanks to Marina for that...."

"REALLY?!?! THAT'S WHAT MADE HIM HAPPY?!?! I'M NOT EVEN HEARTBROKEN ANY MORE, I'M JUST PLAIN ANGRY!!!" Marina thought to herself trying to keep her cool.

Luckily for her, Sasha did keep her cool and just said a plain, "Oh."

That was when Marina thought about coming out and beating Jimmy into a bloody pulp.

Jimmy had saved himself by saying, "Buuuuuuttt..."

"But, what?" Marina thought to herself.

"But, what?" Sasha said, curious.

"You were right! The reason I'm so happy is because I DID ask her out and she DID say yes! I can't believe it! I mean..." He goes in and on, so let's just go to Marina's thoughts.