.yes, and?.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

"I can't believe I'm doing this again. Meeting another guy just for the sake of an arranged marriage."

Her brown eyed best friend let out a chuckle, leaning back in his chair.

Saanjh and Rishi sat at their favorite corner table at Tapri, sipping on steaming cups of masala chai. One of the happening places in Jaipur, it was their solace. They both would meet here once in a week.

"I always asked you to find a guy on your own. This wouldn't have happened then," He took a sip of his chai. "School mein, college mein, even London mein. Tu ek Gora Pakoda bhi nahi pata paai." (You couldn't even find a white guy.)

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Itna aasan hai na? Ped par milte hai ache ladke?" (Oh sure, it's that easy? Good guys just grow on trees?)

He shook his head, a smirk playing on his lips. "You'll never find good boys. All you have to do is fall in love with a bad boy and turn him good."

Oh Heavenly Gods, for sure!

She gave him a pointed look. "Oh, I tried once. Ended up—you know where."

Rishi sighed, nodding in agreement. "Ugh, Mohit was a chutiya anyway, never could be changed. And Ansh—"

She glared at him, asking him to stop.

But he knew he had to put some senses in her.

"Teri matti mari gai thi, jo usse mili." (Were you out of your mind when you met him?)

She threw her hair clip at him playfully, and he laughed, catching it mid-air.

"Look, all I'm saying is—maybe this time, it turns out just all right?" he assured her, his tone softening.

She sighed deeply, her shoulders slumping. "I don't have many lives, Rishi. Made one mistake, can't afford another."

"Areeyy, Tu Mittal hai yaar. You can afford all the mistakes in the world." He winked. "Oh, why don't you make one mistake with that hazel-eyed club wala guy?"

Ishani and Pallavi could not keep their mouths shut, they had to narrate the whole scene to Rishi, dramatically - with every expression of the guy.

Her heart fluttered at the mention of the guy. Memories of his intense gaze and mischievous smile flashed in her mind.

"He is too good to be true." she declared, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Best na, sounds just like your fictional male characters." He laughed. "Tereko toh chahiye hi hai na, woh Aaron Warner and Christian Harper?"(Anyway you want those Aaron Warner and Christian Harper types, right?)

She groaned, how well he knew her. She wished Ishani and Pallavi were there; they would've taken her side. Rishi, sometimes, chose to be brutally honest and drop truth bombs on Saanjh.