.please, please, please.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

"Heartbreak is one thing, your ego's another." Rishi declared as he took a sip of his tea.

Another week had passed, and the two of them were back at Tapri, discussing the messes of their lives.

She snorted at his humor.

"I beg you, don't embarrass me." He continued.

"Motherfucker," she rolled her eyes. "Stop it, Rishi. Please, please, please, hear me out."

He let out a laugh, knowing that both of them were too much of crackheads to have a serious conversation. Besides, he wanted her to stay calm and not stress about the whole Siddharth situation.

"Why would you want to say no?" he asked, the seriousness returning to his tone. "He is Siddharth Kasliwal, for fuck's sake. If I were a girl, I would've married him there and then."

Typical. Of course, you would, Rishi.
But Some of us have standards.
She mentally rolled her eyes, knowing her friend very well.

"I don't lower my standards like you, Mehra." she laughed at him.

He rolled his eyes as he took a bite of his sandwich. "Arranged marriage with Siddharth Kasliwal. Do you realize you're practically living the dream of every Jaipur girl?"

"He could marry them all for all I care." she replied, crossing her arms.

"But you liked him a week ago. You said you'd give it a try if it ever happened."

Liked him? I was curious, sure.
But now?
Now I see right through him.
And it's not a pretty sight.

"That was before I got to know his thoughts on Saanjh Mittal," she retorted.

Rishi leaned back in his chair, his eyebrows raising in curiosity. "What do you mean, his thoughts on Saanjh Mittal? What did he say?"

She sighed, exasperation evident in her voice. "He thinks I'm some kind of walking joke. That I don't know what I'm doing with my life."

He frowned. "Did he actually say that?"

"Not in so many words," she admitted. "But it was in his tone, his attitude. Like he was humoring me. His friends too were involved in this. They think I've got Shreyansh Mittal wrapped around my finger and so he does everything to maintain his daughter's reputation."

"When did all this happen?"

"At the awards ceremony. I heard them gossip about me. Can you imagine? Three guys, gossiping like aunties."

"And what did you do after that?" Rishi knew his friend well enough to know that she wouldn't have walked away easily.

She narrated everything that happened after that.