.hello from the other side.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

"What's the deal with these Kasliwals?"

Ishani asked from the other side of the phone.

"They have these huge hoardings of Kanika Kasliwal flaunting their latest designs," Pallavi explained.

The three girls were on a group call, getting ready in their respective rooms. Saanjh was doing her hair, Ishani was doing a last-minute touch-up to her nails, and Pallavi was finishing her makeup.

"May I live as glamorous a life as hers when I get old," Ishani remarked wistfully.

"You're a Bera. You'll probably live scandalously somewhere in Italy," Saanjh quipped, earning laughter from the trio. "We will be dying here in our homes."

"Says Mittal, the owner of half of Italy."

"Take me with you wherever you go." Pallavi chimed in with a playful tone.

"Shanker Sahab must have already planned your whole future," Ishani reminded her. Pallavi scoffed, and the other two laughed.

"I hope I meet Yash Thappar there," Ishani suddenly declared.

"And who might that be?" Saanjh asked casually, adjusting her diamond earrings.

A squeal of disbelief came from Ishani's end of the line. "Kutti, you went to England for a few years and forgot who Yash Thappar is?" Ishani exclaimed.

"Yaar Saanjh, that Yash. woh loser, jo nepotism ke naam par 2-3 filmein karke hit ho gaya," Pallavi explained.

"Oh. Wasn't his last movie a flop though?"

"Flop thi. Kya kachra banaya tha. Par banda hot lag raha tha." Ishani admitted, defending his looks. (The movie was Trash, but the guy is hot.)

Saanjh laughed, she knew Ishani had a fan crush on the guy.

"He probably has a girlfriend," Pallavi stated.

"And you have a boyfriend." Saanjh reminded her.

"Who cares? I'm just here for some fun. He can keep his girlfriends as trophies, for all I care," Ishani replied dismissively. "I only want to meet him, not sleep with him."

"The Kasliwal's younger generation is the talk of India these days," Pallavi remarked.

"Yeah, I heard Vikram Kasliwal will soon hand over the company to his son," Ishani added.

"Does the company not already belong to him?" Saanjh scoffed skeptically.

"No, Kasliwal's don't simply pass on the company to their heir. They make them earn it," Pallavi explained. "Appa told me how Vikram Kasliwal earned the name back in the days."

"Wasn't the son away from the country for a long time?" Ishani asked.

"You are the one keeping up with these topics, Ish. I have no idea," Saanjh admitted.