.drop the bomb.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

Another week passed, and Saanjh found herself drained from the relentless demands of life. Between college and charity work, which normally brought her joy, this week had been particularly overwhelming. There hadn't been a moment to catch her breath, let alone enjoy a quiet moment to herself. All she craved was a few hours of solitude, a chance to recharge.

Despite the exhaustion, a small flicker of excitement kept her going. Her grandmother was returning from Sydney. It had been more than six long months since they last saw each other, and the thought of being reunited with her Dadi filled Saanjh's heart with warmth. She missed the comforting presence of her grandmother, the way she used to rest her head on her lap, feeling like a child again.

She stood in front of her mirror, adjusting the soft blue cotton dress that she had carefully chosen for the day. The fabric was light and breathable, perfect for the warm weather. She reached for her Dadi's favorite jhumkas from the collection—silver with intricate patterns—and fastened them on her ears. They swayed gently as she moved, adding a touch of tradition to her modern attire. She tied her hair into a sleek ponytail, wanting to keep it simple yet elegant.

Saanjh couldn't wait to see her, to sit by her side and catch up on everything. The thought made her smile as she grabbed her bag and headed out of her room, her excitement barely contained.

As she walked briskly down the hallway, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of Dadi, she didn't notice someone coming from the opposite direction. Suddenly, she bumped into a solid frame and felt hands grip her arms to steady her.

"Oh, bullet train! Kidhar jaa rahi ho itna saj savar ke?" a familiar voice teased.

Saanjh looked up to find her brother, Samar, grinning down at her.

"Kya aap kaam mein itna busy ho gaye? Dadi aa rahi hai na, bhul gaye?" she countered, giving him a stern look.

"Aate hue tufan ko kaun bhul sakta hai," he chuckled, his eyes twinkling with mischief. She rolled her eyes at his teasing "She will be landing in an hour." he informed her.

"I'm going to receive her."

"Ha ha, Dadi ki chamchi. You must be super excited, Tera side lene waali aa rahi." Samar teased, ruffling her hair.

Saanjh swatted his hand away, playfully glaring at him. "Don't be jealous, Bhai. You can have Anushka Mittal all to yourself. Mummy toh aapki side hai na." she retorted, smirking.

Samar laughed, rubbing his cheek where she had pinched him. "Yeah, yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night, chamchi. But remember, when Dadi starts telling all those old stories and you're stuck listening, don't come crying to me."

"Oh please, you love those stories as much as I do!" she shot back, poking him in the ribs. "Admit it, you're just sad Dadi won't spoil you as much now that I'm here to steal all her attention."