.live while we're young.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

"Are you ready to hike up a cliff with me?"

Siddharth asked, a mischievous glint in his eyes as they stood at the base of the steep trail leading up to the Atuh Beach cliff.

"Are you ready to jump off a cliff with me?"

Saanjh's eyes twinkled as she passed him a smile.

It was their second day together, and they had taken a speed boat to Nusa Penida early in the morning. Now, in the afternoon, they found themselves at the base of the cliff, just the two of them. Ishani, Pallavi, and Rishi had opted to spend their day in Seminyak, leaving Saanjh and Siddharth to their own adventure. Siddharth was leaving tomorrow morning, and he had asked to spend one more day with her.

Last night, they arrived late at the hotel, spending the whole evening together. Today morning, they left early. Saanjh did not get time to talk to her friends, update them all about the date, how she felt, what she felt.

But this wasn't a date, she reminded herself—or more accurately, reminded him when they were on the boat.

"This is not a date," she had pointed out, her tone trying to be firm but failing to hide the slight smile on her lips.

"Of course not," Siddharth had replied with a grin. "Dates are supposed to be romantic, not life-threatening."

His wit was disarming, and she found herself enjoying his company more than she had anticipated. It had been his idea to spend the day at the beach, but it was hers to jump off the cliff. Siddharth, however, was far from thrilled about the idea. Saanjh, on the other hand, was over the moon. There was something exhilarating about the thought of jumping off cliffs that had always appealed to her.

As they reached the base of the cliff, they encountered a group of friends from Australia who were also planning to jump. They invited Saanjh and Siddharth to join them. They all began the hike up the cliff together.

Each step became more serious than the last. The trail was steep and narrow, requiring careful footing and steady hands. Siddharth instinctively reached out, taking Saanjh's hand as they climbed. She glanced at him, surprised but touched by the gesture, and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Not too late to back out, you know," he said, half-joking, as they reached a particularly challenging section of the hike.

"And miss out on this view?" Saanjh gestured toward the breathtaking sight of the ocean spreading out beneath them, waves crashing against the rocks. "Not a chance."

He chuckled, admiring her spirit. They finally reached the top, the breathtaking view momentarily silencing them both. The turquoise waters of the ocean stretched out before them, sparkling under the afternoon sun. The height was dizzying, but it was also incredibly beautiful, the kind of beauty that demanded respect.