.magic in the air.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

A few weeks had passed, and life had returned to its usual rhythm. The girls still reminisced about the serenity of Bali, sharing fond memories and laughter about their time on the island. Ishani could not stop talking about the beautiful proposal.

But for Saanjh, those memories were tainted by thoughts of Siddharth, thoughts she was desperately trying to bury.

Every time her mind drifted back to those days in Bali, it wasn't the beautiful beaches or the thrilling adventures she recalled—or Ishani and Naman's adorable proposal, it was Siddharth.

His smile, his words, the way he looked at her.

But along with those memories came the weight of their final conversation, the guilt she felt for pulling away, for not being able to trust herself to let him in.

'I am sorry, Siddharth.'

Those were the only words she could manage as she pulled her hand back from his. He hadn't pushed her further, hadn't questioned her decision or taunted her for wasting his time. He simply respected her choice, though the look in his eyes told her that he wished things could be different.

After that, they left Nusa Penida in silence. When they arrived back at the hotel, Saanjh's friends had returned from their day out, ready to spend the night with her. Siddharth, who had planned to leave the next day, booked the earliest flight out and left for India after saying his goodbye.

The girls stayed in Bali for two more days, but Saanjh couldn't shake the feeling of emptiness that settled over her. She tried to focus on enjoying the rest of the trip, but her thoughts kept drifting back to him. Her friends noticed that something was off, the way she seemed distant, lost in her thoughts, but they didn't push her to talk. They gave her the space they thought she needed, hoping she would open up when she was ready.

Back in India, Rishi had messaged Siddharth, sensing something had happened between him and Saanjh. Siddharth's response was simple and patient : She needs time, Rishi. And I'm ready to give her all the time in the world.

Saanjh wished she could forget, could push the memories of Siddharth away as easily as she had pulled her hand from his. But it wasn't that simple.

Tomorrow was the big day. Ishani and Naman were officially getting engaged, surrounded by their families and close friends. It was more than just a personal milestone for the two of them; it was the event everyone in the city was talking about. Naman, being the son of the influential Yashwant Sodhani, and Ishani, the daughter of the prominent Khushali and Jatin Bera, had made their engagement the talk of the town. The media buzzed with speculation and details.

The preparations were in full swing, with every detail being scrutinized to ensure perfection. But behind the scenes, it was chaos.

Pallavi had been sent away to handle some last-minute work that Ishani had entrusted to her, leaving Saanjh to manage the mounting pressure on her own. And today, the pressure was all about the jewelry.