.block me out.

▪️▪️▪️

▪️▪️▪️

"Ma'am," Rohan, a student from first year batch began hesitantly, "I understand the importance of addressing women's issues, but how can we ensure that addressing these does not overshadow the challenges men face?"

Saanjh smiled, her eyes sparkling with the thrill of debate. She had wanted to take up debate with students to underrated their perspectives before starting Law. She took up an easy topic, to make the class interesting.

A student from the back row, Priya, raised her hand. "But isn't there a risk that focusing too much on men's issues might dilute the progress we've made in women's rights?"

Saanjh's smile widened as she glanced at the clock. "We have time for one more question before we wrap up. Who would like to ask?"

The class ended, and students streamed out of the room, many stopping to thank Saanjh for the engaging session. She smiled, pleased with the day's discussions, and made her way to her office.

Half an hour later, as she was focused on her notes, she heard raised voices in the corridor. Concerned, she set her papers aside and stepped out of her office. The voices were growing louder, and she saw a group of students gathered in a huddle, their expressions a mix of anxiety and worry.

Among them, a girl paced back and forth, her face flushed and tear-streaked. Saanjh recognized her as Antara, a student from the first-year class. The other students looked equally distressed, their murmurs growing more urgent.

Saanjh approached quickly, her heart racing. "Antara." she called out.

Antara looked up, her eyes red and filled with fear. Without a word, she rushed over to Saanjh, grabbing her hand and squeezing it tightly. "Ma'am, Akshara is missing." she choked out, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Saanjh's heart sank. "Missing? What do you mean? Missing from the campus?"

Antara nodded, her voice breaking. "I don't know, her phone is off, and she hasn't left the campus yet. We've checked everywhere."

Saanjh's mind raced. She turned to the other students for more information. They explained that Akshara was Antara's sister, and they had last seen her a few hours ago, before the end of classes. Antara had been trying to reach her but with no success.

Saanjh took a deep breath, trying to stay calm despite her own rising anxiety. "Okay, we need to act quickly. Let's start by checking the areas where she might have gone. I'll contact campus security and see if they've seen anything."

Before they could start their search, a loud, urgent voice cut through the tension.

"Antara!"

Saanjh turned to see a man in formal attire rushing toward their group. He looked disheveled, as if he had come straight from work. When Antara saw him, her face lit up with a mix of hope and relief. She ran into his arms, sobbing.