019, it's the dress

「 somebody to someone 」manon wright x sam golbach chapter 19

somebody to someone
manon wright x sam golbach
chapter 19

IT WAS THE DAY BEFORE THE ENCHANTED RELEASE, and the girls Manon knew insisted on taking her shopping for something to wear for the release party that night.

Doing it on New Year's Day was something Manon was proud of. For her, it really showed closing the year of moving and leaving Luke Chase, and opening the year of something maybe she could have.

"So, let's go for the theme," Aurelie spoke up, snapping Manon from her thoughts. This was really happening...wasn't it. "Enchanted is really whimsical, right?"

Manon smiled, nodding. "Yeah, that's the way I was going when writing it. Closing an old chapter, opening a new one. Falling in love again."

"That's what Risk gives," Aurelie gestured to her. "It really gives you that feel."

Manon smiled, nodding. "Yeah, I'm proud with how it's coming together."

"You should be," Taylor embraced her. This group of friends were sisters.

Manon could remember when she met Taylor. It was 2019 and "Mean It" was out. She won an award for it, and Taylor had given her a standing ovation. A few minutes later and they were chatting, sharing experiences. All Manon knew was that she left with a best friend.

Aurelie and Madeleine were a childhood best friend and a sister. Then, the group met Gracie when they moved to LA right before the pandemic - mid 2019. So they all moved in together - plus Aurelie's high school sweetheart, aka Hayden.

The quartet moved across the world thanks to Lukas Chase, Manon's ex. They were each other's high school sweethearts until she walked into him cheating. She ran from the home and they all moved from Norfolk. It broke her, which was the reason 2019 was such a crap year for her. And yet, she almost crawled back twice. But it was Taylor, Madeleine, Aurelie, Hayden and Gracie that kept her away.

When Taylor was writing her album Evermore, she asked Manon to help with the lyrics for a song. She thought of her relationship with Lukas, and suddenly, Willow was written. The name was poetic for the girl, and she swore if she had kids, she was using it. She didn't care about the connection, it was a beautiful name and Manon loved it.

"Manon, you alright?" Gracie asked, her hand on the girl's shoulder.

"I'm alright, just thinking," Manon smiled back. She also had a white, flow-y dress in her arms. "I was also thinking, this one?"

"Ooh, try it on!" Aurelie giggled, clapping her hands.

instagram

@manonwright

liked by taylorswift and others

manonwright my offical dress for the enchanted release party tonight! thank you reformation, the poppy dress is perfect for it.

samgolbach it's beautiful!
manonwright i stared at it for like twenty minutes 🧍‍♀️

taylorswift ugh you were gorgeous in it
manonwright TY TAY TAY

gracieabrams my girl <3
manonwright I LOVE YOU

user85 YES ENCHANTED COMES OUT TONIGHT!
manonwright YES IT DOES

luke_chase you're gonna look amazing

colbybrock SLAY MANON
manonwright IF U DON'T COME, I'M NOT COMING ON ANOTHER VIDEO

allisongolbach I LOVE YOU
manonwright I LOVE YOU TOO BABES

bgolbach we all know who's jaw is gonna DROP
manonwright  wdym 🧍‍♀️

view 5.4 million more comments...

april speaks
i know this is overdue but school just started up again for me
i have to write 2 chapters to catch up