Chapter 35

“Lower~ A little bit more~” The sight of a general worker guiding his co-worker man-handling the massive crane lifter lorry in bringing down a rather smaller farming tractors onto the ground, placing the vehicle next to two others of the same kind...

“Lower~ A little bit more~” The sight of a general worker guiding his co-worker man-handling the massive crane lifter lorry in bringing down a rather smaller farming tractors onto the ground, placing the vehicle next to two others of the same kind that’s safely brought down before, were astonishing and a bit amazing for the group of farmers watching at the distance. “....Okay we’re good!” The worker got back to the crane, grab a couple of papers before he went over to Jeongin along with Mingyu and his father who’s waiting by the side. “Mr. Hwang! We just need your signature then we’ll be on our way…”

After getting the paperwork, Jeongin thoroughly skimmed through the papers as meticulously as his personality when it comes to work matters and upon satisfied with everything, he gave his signature. “Now all you need is the head villager’s signature then we’ll be able to use these tractors straight away right?” Jeongin asked the worker. “Oh no worries Mr. Hwang, Mr. Dongbaek already provided us with his signature earlier before so the people can already use these tractors straight away.”

“Really? When? After you arrived here before?” Jeongin asked again and got a nod as an answer before the worker got back to the lorry and drove their way out of their sight. “You okay Jeongin-ah?” Mingyu got over to him as he noticed Jeongin’s been spacing out since signing the agreement. “Oh- Yeah, yeah I’m okay. We can use these tractors hyung so anyone who’s able to drive them can start moving them over to the paddy fields.” Jeongin gave the green light and Mingyu immediately went on and gathered the required drivers.

“How do we use these tractors boy? Is it the same as the ones we have here?” The drivers went over to the side of the tractors, preparing to get them up and going. “My team and I have been surveying and discussing with each other and we decided that we just use the same model of a regular tractors so that it’ll be easy for the people to use them. The only difference is that, these will not produce any smoke and these will be much more efficient and faster than a normal one. You’ll see when we get them on the field after this.” 

After getting the clarification they needed, the drivers got on to each tractor and upon guidance by Jeongin, they got the vehicles started up and with the interiors remained identical to the ones they had, it took no time before the drivers managed to manoeuvre the tractors on the road. “Alright people~ Paddy field’s the destination~ Mingyu then lead the group of farmers on the road with the vehicles slowly moving behind them. “How did you come up with these brilliant ideas Jeongin-ah?” Walking alongside her father, Jeongin’s eyes were looking at the stabily moving tractors in front of him before he smiled slightly.

“I did my research dad. A lot of them actually. Because if I want to do this properly, I need to at least know one or two things about farming in general…” And he began reminiscing the times he would often stayed in his office even after working hours during the first few days after he agreed to help Minji achieving her dream, studying and finding any resources that he could find, trying to understand and widens his knowledge regarding these matters. “...and also Minji’s been helping me a lot as well when she and I started dating. So it’s not just me that made all of these into reality, a lot of people did and Minji’s one of them as well.”