Chapter 19: Alive

Jay and Erin begin approaching the front entrance with the guns drawn. "I got your back" Jay says as he sets his hand on Erin's shoulder letting her take the lead. Erin opens the door and rushes in with Jay behind her "chicago pd hand up" one of the masked men drops his gun and throw his hands in the air, Jay crosses to push the gun away while the second masked man slowly backed up. "Drop your weapon or I'll drop you" Erin says as she slowly walks closer "don't come any closer I'll shoot" the man says and Erin freezes. Jay cuffs the first guy and then points his gun along with Erin's at the other. Out of the corner of his eye Jay spots a third offender, before he can get the words out or his gun over a shot rings out and two of the offenders rush out as Erin drops to the ground. "101 shots fired at the police officer down I repeat officer down I need an ambulance  at my location immediately " Jay says into his radio as he quickly applies pressure to Erin's bullet wound. Hank and Adam manage to cuff the two offenders who Escaped and then come rushing in to where Erin and Jay are "what the hell happened" Hank says "it's my fault j told her to take the lead there was a third offender I- I- I don't know how it happened" Jay says shakily "dispatch what's the ETA on that ambo" Adam says into his radio "5 minutes out" they hear over the radio, Jay keeps pressure as his heart begins to beat faster and his stomach becomes a whole. A few minutes later paramedics come rushing in, "gabby tell me what you need" Antonio says over Jays shoulder "I need all these people out of here and a police escort If you wanna get her to the hospital alive" gabby says in a demanding tone while working on Lindsay. Within minutes Erin was on a stretcher and on her way to med with a police escort. Hank rode in the back and everyone else in the unit met them at med and anxiously awaited news.