chapter 12

Chapter 62: Unorthodox Secret Guard (12)

  Lin Ran was not idle either.

  In order to see the wounds on Xie Fengye's body clearly, she lit a few more candles.

  The air in the room was filled with a faint fragrance.

  As the candle flames jumped, the light and shadows on the wall changed significantly.

  Lin Ran held the candlesticks and carefully adjusted the position of each candlestick.

  As the last candle was lit, the light in the room became brighter, and every detail in the room could be clearly seen, including the tiny scars on Xie Fengye's body.

  Xie Fengye had taken off his clothes at this time.

  His back was broad and strong, and his muscles were clearly defined due to years of martial arts training, but he had many old scars on his body, and only the abdomen he had just covered was still oozing blood.

  Lin Ran's fingertips gently stroked the scars on his back, frowning, with an indescribable discomfort in her heart.

  The healed scars told of the hardships he had experienced in the past, and perhaps he had even brushed shoulders with death.

  "Master, don't look at them. These scars are ugly." Xie Fengye's voice was trembling with embarrassment.

  "Not ugly. For people in your line of work, it would be strange if you didn't have some scars on your body." Lin Ran said in a relaxed tone, "Turn back."

  "Or... I'll do it myself."

  Xie Fengye looked down at his abdomen.

  He could easily handle this minor injury. If he frowned, he would be laughed at by his former colleagues.

  Thinking that Xie Fengye was embarrassed to turn around, Lin Ran walked around to him and sat down in front of him, bending down to his abdomen.

  "Master..."

  Xie Fengye actually wanted to pull up his clothes unconsciously, and Lin Ran stopped him forcefully without saying a word.

  "Just look at the wound, don't be shy."

  After carefully observing his injuries, Lin Ran began to carefully treat the bleeding wound for him.

  "Just bear with it, I'll be gentler. You can scream if it hurts."

  "...... Yeah."

  Lin Ran said it very seriously, and someone who looked righteous but actually had evil intentions couldn't help but start to think wrongly.

  But no one spoke again.

  The room was quiet, and the candlelight continued to emit bright light, creating a warm and quiet atmosphere between the two.

  Xie Fengye stared at the person who was very close to him.

  Her facial features were as delicate as a sculpture, her eyes were as bright as stars, her nose was straight, and her lips were as delicate as cherry blossoms.

  Every inch of her skin was as delicate as snow, revealing a unique temperament.

  Her beauty can make people's hearts move without words.

  Relying on the fact that Lin Ran was only concentrating on helping him treat his wounds at this time, Xie Fengye's eyes flashed with the joy of success without any hesitation.