Caught By The Dark

CHAPTER 39

Previously on "A Small Talk?"

Previously we saw how Darshan and Y/N's life was falling apart when somehow they got trapped in an elevator.
Yeah, elevator. The two of them have plenty time to recall whatever has happened in the last one hour. Is this another trap by Maya and her so called group or are they truly unlucky at this current scenario?

Let us find out.

Moving on...

"What kinda luck do we have!!! Oh gosh." Y/N says trying to grab Darshan in the dark as she moves her hands all around to find him.

"I've no idea, but... We still have our phones and we can turn on the flashlight maybe?" Darshan says grabbing Y/N's hand.

"What? No Darshan, no! You'll be more scared if you see how big or small the elevator is. It's better to keep our mind dumb in this situation. Let us get fooled that we're not trapped in an elevator. Understand?" Y/N says calming her heavy breathing down.

"....Y/N, you truly are a doctor, aren't you?" Darshan says sarcastically, as he finally gives up on trying to find the switch board.

"Stay calm. I know you can't, but there's nothing we can do except screaming our lungs out for help." Y/N says in a pissed tone as she throws herself on the floor.

"Fair... We should call Devyan, he's the only one whom I can trust at this point." Darshan says pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"Okay okay." Y/N says forcing herself to go near Darshan as both of them are getting pretty breathless due to the suffocating atmosphere.

Silence absorbs into the surroundings as the call rings, and eventually ends on its own.

"....his phone is dead." Darshan says with a deep sigh of defeat.

"What do we do now?" Y/N says as she grabs Darshan's shoulder.

"First, we gotta calm down and wait for the elevator to start or legit scream for help." Darshan says holding Y/N close beside him.

"Yeah..." Y/N says laying her head down on his shoulder.

"So.... Are we calm?" Darshan says in a low tone.

"No. But either we scream till our brain blasts or we just sit here and wait until the fear of claustrophobia eats both of us alive." Y/N shouts in low tone.

"....first one seems like a good option." Darshan says hesitatingly.

"Better." Y/N says as she gets up and starts banging on the door.

"HELP! WE'RE STUCK INSIDE THE ELEVATOR!" Y/N shouts her heart out a few times.

"I give up." Y/N adds to herself after a few calls.

"This won't work. We gotta wait, that's the only option." Darshan says pulling Y/N down by holding her hand.

"Yeah but, call your fianceé, Darshan. Call Qahira, she loves you, she'll come to save you." Y/N says as she separates herself from Darshan and lies on the other side of Darshan.

"She... Doesn't love me... This is all a well planned drama." Darshan scoffs as he relaxes.

"What do you mean?" Y/N says as curiosity takes control over her brain.

"I know Qahira Maryam, since the day I know you." Darshan says looking up at Y/N in the dark as the whites of his eyes shine in the dark.

Both Y/N and Darshan keep their masks on.

"....stop solving riddles, tell me." Y/N says with a demanding voice.

"The day we met, in the train. Before that, when I was waiting for the train to arrive, there was a young lady sitting next to me at a distance. Observing my behaviour. She had a mask on, and a real strong perfume which eventually got me feeling super uneasy.