#01 - Start

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

start. living alone isn't for the faint of heart. growing up surrounded by family, seeing them every day, and then suddenly moving away to live alone is a rough transition.

y/n knew this feeling all too well. she faced the daily challenges of surviving on her own, a big contrast to her life as the eldest of three siblings.

with parents who depended on her to help manage the household, she often felt like a third parent.

though she adored her siblings, their relentless energy and occasional resistance sometimes made her want to pull her hair out.

her family had to move overseas for a few months due to business and training purposes. naturally, her parents wanted her to come with them, but she was persistent about staying in japan to start her high school life.

despite their initial reluctance, y/n's parents eventually agreed. she longed to enjoy high school with her friends in miyagi, friends she hadn't seen since childhood due to their own move.

another reason she gave was her desire to be independent, to explore the real world without the responsibility of taking care of her siblings. eventually, her parents relented, allowing her to stay behind.

"still not used to miyagi, city girl?" nao teased, appearing behind y/n as she stared at the bright blue sky. "give her a break, nao," hanzo chimed in. "obviously she's not used to just seeing houses on her way to school."

y/n chuckled. "you're making it sound like i'm a rich kid experiencing the countryside for the first time."

"but you are." nao said, a mischievous grin spreading across her face. "true," hanzo added, "i bet you miss the chauffeur and the personal chef."

"oh, absolutely," y/n said, rolling her eyes. "i don't know how i'm surviving without a butler to carry my books."

"you know, you make sarcasm sound like you're actually being serious." hanzo said, raising an eyebrow at y/n. she playfully punched his arm. "you know i'm not serious. if i had a butler, i'd make him carry your books instead."

"wow, generous offer." he said, rubbing his arm dramatically. "maybe i should apply for the job." nao snickered. "only if you promise not to spill any tea. literally and figuratively."

y/n laughed, shaking her head. "good luck with that." she then started walking ahead, glancing back with a playful smile. "come on, slowpokes. we've got a long day ahead."

nao and hanzo exchanged a look, both amused and a little bewildered. "did she just...?" nao began, trailing off.

"yep, she totally did." hanzo replied, shaking his head with a grin. "guess we'd better catch up before the 'rich kid' gets too far ahead."