#09 - Ramen

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ramen. ignoring friends was something y/n had never done before. friendship had always meant a lot to her, and she never imagined she would disregard it.

however, hanzo had changed that. as class ended, she told nao that she needed to leave early for a job interview at the ramen restaurant.

though nao was still worried about her over the whole rooftop thing, she reluctantly let her go.

navigating the familiar streets, y/n made her way to the ramen shop where she was scheduled for her first ever interview as a waitress.

nervousness fluttered in her stomach, anxiety driving her forward. she needed this job. it was her gateway to independence.

upon arriving, the amazing aroma of simmering broth greeted her, instantly making her hungry.

the shop bustled with people, a blend of locals and fellow students from her school, all drawn by the renowned flavors of mr. kunimi's ramen.

spotting the chef-owner amidst the controlled chaos, she approached him with a tentative smile.

"hello, mr. kunimi. i'm here for the interview." y/n greeted, trying to steady her nerves.

mr. kunimi's face lit up at the sight of her. he wiped his hands on a towel and exclaimed, "good to see you! ah, my wife will conduct your interview. honey!"

mrs. kunimi, emerging from the dining area with a tray of steaming bowls, gasped in recognition. "there she is! come, let's talk in the back." she said warmly, motioning for the teen to follow.

feeling a knot tighten in her stomach, y/n followed mrs. kunimi towards what she assumed was their house behind the shop.

each step felt heavier with anticipation, the weight of potential change looming ahead. as the door swung open, confirming y/n's guess, it was indeed the kunimis' home.

"i'm really glad you're interested in this job, y/n, especially since you contacted us the day we put up our 'now hiring' poster." she giggled warmly as she led y/n into their cozy living room.

the young girl chuckled nervously, "yes, well, i wanted to get a part-time job since i'm living alone now." she explained.

mrs. kunimi nodded understandingly as they both settled at the table. y/n felt her nerves tighten again, fidgeting with her fingers.

she noticed mrs. kunimi's reassuring smile, which helped ease her nerves; the atmosphere wasn't as intimidating as she had feared.

"you know, if it weren't for my husband insisting on the interview, i would've hired you right away." mrs. kunimi remarked with a hint of playful sincerity, causing y/n to chuckle awkwardly.

"shall we get started?" mrs. kunimi asked gently, signaling the beginning of a conversation that could possibly change y/n's future.