#18 - Gaze

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

gaze. it was another school day, and as usual, kunimi was prepared for anything that came his way. especially when it came to yurei. he knew the drill.

if she appeared, it was a sprint to either his house or, if she escalated, the police station.

meanwhile, y/n was a bundle of nerves. her anxiety bubbled beneath the surface. her mind raced with every shadow and corner she glanced at, haunted by the possibility of yurei lurking nearby.

ever since yurei had discovered her number, y/n's sense of security had disappeared, replaced by an unsettling fear of the unknown.

unable to share her concerns with kunimi during the school day. since they rarely spoke and he headed straight to volleyball practice, she had come up a plan.

she decided to stay after school, weighing her options. she could watch hanzo play basketball, see kunimi in action on the volleyball court, or simply hide out in the janitor's closet until one of them finished their extracurricular activities.

her choice was clear. she was most eager to watch kunimi play volleyball. the thought of seeing him in action made her curious. she had always seen him as more of a chill artistic type, not the athletic star she knew he could be.

with curiosity guiding her steps, y/n made her way to the gym, eager to see a side of kunimi she'd never witnessed before. "uh, what are you doing here?" kunimi's voice behind her cut through the air, startling her.

turning quickly, she tried to hide her unease. "just came to watch you play. isn't that obvious?" she said, pretending to be casual despite her fear about yurei.

kunimi's expression remained stoic as he observed her. sensing something was off, he added, "wait upstairs at the railings."

taken aback by his unexpected instruction, y/n managed a soft, "oh, okay." as she climbed the stairs, she was greeted by kindaichi, who waved and said, "hi, l/n."

"hey, have fun practicing." she replied with a friendly nod, before continuing her ascent. reaching the railings, she found herself among a bunch of students, mostly oikawa's screeching fangirls.

she leaned against the railing, her elbows resting on the bars and her chin propped on her palm. with a sigh, she gazed down at the court.

"don't slack off, kunimi!" she overheard kindaichi's voice, noticing kunimi's weak performance during his drills. y/n watched as kunimi's irritation became obvious.

she could see him clenching his fists, his eyes narrowing into a glare at the other first year, who flinched and let out a startled shriek.

a soft chuckle escaped y/n's lips. it was clear that kunimi was feeling the pressure of his teammates, and his reaction was pretty funny.