#11 - Girlfriend

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

girlfriend. y/n didn't have a crush on kunimi anymore. ever since she started working as a waitress, her admiration had dwindled. she still found him cute—when he kept his mouth shut.

now, she couldn't quite understand why she was ever interested in him, especially since he now reminded her of an annoying version of hanzo. the difference? she was actually stuck working for kunimi.

no amount of money could make her quit her job. kunimi ramen paid well, and she was raking in tips from teenage boys who were more interested in her than in the ramen. she might act oblivious, but she knew exactly what was up.

as she headed to the restaurant, she spotted kunimi walking with his bike. she decided to make small talk. "oh? i didn't know you could ride a bike!" she exclaimed, pointing at it.

kunimi gave her an irritated look. "what, you think i'm too dumb to ride a bike or something?"

y/n gasped in mock horror. "of course not! it's just...i thought you were more of a 'walk everywhere' kind of guy." she chuckled, glancing at him, who was pointedly ignoring her.

she couldn't help but be frustrated. it drove her up the wall how he could brush her off everywhere except kunimi ramen. it was like he was programmed to only acknowledge her when she was wearing an apron and taking orders.

"seriously, kunimi, is it too much to ask for a little consistency?" she called out, not expecting an answer but feeling the need to voice her irritation.

he kept walking, his silence only adding to her annoyance. she sighed, muttering under her breath, "yeah, that's right, ignore me. it's not like i need any more reasons to question my life choices."

kunimi rolled his eyes and stopped walking, turning to face the female. "what's up with you, huh?"

y/n crossed her arms, her frustration boiling over. "what's up with me? maybe it's the fact that you're so good at ignoring me everywhere except when i'm serving customers their ramen."

"ignoring you? i think you're just making a big deal out of nothing. i don't have time to entertain every random comment you make."

y/n scoffed. "random comment? i'm just trying to have a decent conversation. but clearly, you're too busy pretending to be mr. cool to actually engage."

"well, maybe if your 'conversations' weren't just thinly veiled attempts to get under my skin, i might actually respond."

"oh, so now it's my fault you're too grumpy to have a normal chat? good to know you're not just clueless but also overly dramatic."

kunimi snorted. "hey, at least i don't have to rely on teenage boys' tips to get by. maybe you should focus on actually serving ramen instead of making these sarcastic comments."